• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fresh Acrylic respray with clear coat... Help needed getting it to shine!! =)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh Acrylic respray with clear coat... Help needed getting it to shine!! =)

Hi there!... Basically ive resprayed my 1979 datsun sunny sedan with the BIONIC colour blue.... Its sprayed with acrylic...I'd give you the exact specs but I dont have them with me atm... Basically I was advised to mix it 60/40... The car has turned out great!... I just need advise on getting this bad boy to start shining!... I weould prefer to wet sand it... Ive been told to start with 1500 and end up with 2000 grit... then buff and wax..
    Can you guys shed some light on this for me.. Ive read soo many forums and it just seems like there is allot of people out there that wanna jump on a forum and act like they know what their talking about and not actually have a clue..

Anyways I look forward to hearing from you guys

Re: Fresh Acrylic respray with clear coat... Help needed getting it to shine!! =)

Wet sanding is the way to go to get a perfect shine. 800 would be my starting point and ending with 3000. Let the paint tell you what it needs. 1500 might be perfect. Also Unigrit Sanding blocks are a great too and I highly recommend them.
    Just take it slow until you know what the paint needs and they you should be fine.
    After sanding you want to use a wool pad with a rotory or the MF System with a DA, D300 or M105 to remove the sanding marks.
    Then M205 on a yellow soft buff pad/DA/Rotory to polish it up.
    After that wax. Cleaner wax with a little cut like D151, M66. on a yellow/black pad
    that's my advice in a nut shell but your paint may need more or less.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');