• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Slide Lock Detail Brush and a "Cute Little Rascal"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Slide Lock Detail Brush and a "Cute Little Rascal"

I typically don’t take the time to use detail brushes on my trucks. As I have mentioned from time to time, I have to drive on gravel roads daily. The only time my trucks are clean is when they are sitting in the garage after a wash or detail. (County living is not all that great for an Obsessive Compulsive Detailer like me.) When your truck is covered with dust what’s little wax sticking to the nooks and crannies of the assorted emblems. right?

Meguiar’s sent me both the Slide Lock Detail Brush and the Triple Duty Detail Brush (a right "cute little rascal") to test and review. Well folks, I liked them both a lot.

The Slide Angle Detail Brush allows you to have the advantage of both a long bristle brush and a short bristle brush in one brush. Its safety collar prevents accidental scratching. Sure beats the heck out my two homemade detail brushes that have duct tape wrapped around the metal bases. I used the Slide Lock Brush on the interior vents and on the exterior trim.

Now about the Triple Duty Detail Brush ("the cute little rascal"). It’s about the size of a toothbrush and has three sets of non-scratch bristles. The bristles were just the right stiffness to easily remove the wax and other gunk in the crannies of those nasty emblems. I used the Triple Duty Brush to knock the crud out of the crannies and then I whisked it away with the Slide Lock Brush that I had in my other hand.

Both brushes appear to be of high quality and at $3.99 for the Slide Lock Brush and $1.99 for the Triple Duty Brush the price is right.

Tom

They sent me both brushes as well. I haven't used the little one yet, but I love the Slide Lock Detail Brush. I had seen a similar product a year or two ago at Autozone but the bristles were way too soft to do much of anything other than flop around. This brush is different. The bristles are soft but not so soft they can't get into nooks and crannies. The adjustability is also a plus and it seems to made a lot sturdier than the other brush I had bought.

I've been really pleased so far with all the brushes I was sent. First rate construction all the way around.
    Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

I have the little brush and it's very handy for cleaning out cup holders and the like. I used a little Woolite mixture to loosen the crud and then the longer bristles along with the "toothbrush" bristles to scrub the crud from the cup holders. It worked perfect.

I give the triple duty brush two thumbs up in a circle.
      Quadruple Honda Owner
      Black cars are easy!

Comment

This Meguiar's Slide Lock Brush is a super little item.

I tried it tonight on the interior of my car as I wanted to give the interior a quick going over.

I really enjoyed the fact that I could adjust the slide postion to give myself a stiffer or "more floppy" type brush, but all in one tool. The bristles are excellent and most gentle on the gauge bezel plastics and audio equipment.

The bristles were long enough to get into the vents pretty good, and handle the little cracks and crevices with ease. It gets into the power window switches with ease and around the interior door handles and along the arm rest seams with ease and just carries the dust and dirt away.

It's a comfortable and easy tool to use and has no akwardness about it.

Construction feels top notch and I'm sure it will remain durable for some time to come. The product is made from materials that do not appear to harm any surface that we may rub the side of the brush against in tighter work areas.

It stows easy in my kit which is a nice little benefit, as my current array of brushes always seems to look cumbersome and untidy. Not the case with this brush, it lays flat and looks professional in use and not in use.

Two Thumbs Up!
        Last edited by f1guy68; Apr 20, 2005, 06:27 AM.
        My Dad said once..."Son...you can never do enough for a good customer!" I Said "Don't worry Dad...I won't"!

Hehehehe

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');