• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kawasaki polisher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kawasaki polisher

hi guys

i am going to order this polisher

this is my first time to buy a polisher, so my question about the backing plate, it says in this polisher spec (Spindle thread depth 5/8") does thats mean i need male type backing plate?? or the polisher have a shaft?

please help thanks all
    1995 Mustang GT 5 speed -Sold-
    1996 Mustang GT 5 speed -Sold-
    1999 Camaro Z28 6 Speed -Sold-
    2005 Grand Marquis LS

Re: Kawasaki polisher

Don't know much about this tool but it does have a 5/8" spindle which is standard. Any rotary backing plate should fit this tool. (This means the male thread is what is attached to the buffer). Your backing plates will be the female threaded style that screw onto the buffer.

Dewalt and Mikita are the two standard or most popular full size rotary buffers in the market today. That's not to say others are not equally as good but one might ask why are these two so popular? The good news is Amazon is a great company to do business with and if you want to return it you shouldn't have a problem. I've seen some deals on the Dewalt for around $150 which is a steal.

I know it's twice the price of the Kawasaki but after you bite the bullet you'll never look back on the price again. Quality tools is where it's at. Regardless what you buy you will need a couple different size backing plates and several pads.

I've owned a Dewalt for about 10 years and it's a fantastic buffer. You'll really appreciate a soft start on a rotary. Even with that it takes practice not to sling product. I love rotarys but hate masking off cars, worse yet cleaning up splatter afterwards.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');