• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Recommendations

I have a black 2012 Escape and have heavy hard water spots on the paint, windows, and mirrors. I tried a vinegar and water solution to no avail; these have been baked on for a few months. Any recommendations for products or techniques or seek a professional would be much appreciated.

Re: Need Recommendations

As for the paint, does there appear to be any residue on the surface, or looks more like they are etched down into the paint?

After a few months, I would expect it to be more of an etching, which is basically the same thing as a scratch or swirl, and so would be looking at the same ways to remove them. Probably will involve something like Ult. Compound.

Have you done any detailing work before, hand, machine, etc? Or quite new?

The glass probably is not etched in, but stubborn to remove. You can try claying, a glass cleaner, or even then applying the same products like Ult. Compound.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Hi, I would try Ultimate Compound - I like working by hand with it, so it is easy to do as much as needed. Maybe SwirlX is enough - but I never worked with it ...

Comment

See this link to determine what you are dealing with.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/33499-3-types-water-spots-type-i-type-ii-type-iii.html

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
        "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');