• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr. Color Chip: Better then blobs and wet sanding!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Color Chip: Better then blobs and wet sanding!

So after years of looking at this product and all my customers asking for a solution to "Road Rash" all over the front of their cars. I decided to get this system.

I've done alot of single paint blobs and wet sanding and it's always a labor intensive job to get it right and usually the customer won't pay for the time it takes to get the paint, paint it, wait 2 weeks, come back, sand, buff and polish. So I've generally don't do it unless I really like the customer.
    So finally I bought the Dr. Color Chip System ( http://www.drcolorchip.com/ ) and put it to the test on a beautiful black Bentley.
    My pics aren't to clear but you can see the difference.
    I bought all of there stuff, brushes, cleaners and their biggest kit.

To start off the whole front end, hood and mirrors had alot of chips so I was hoping this system would work.

Here's the before pics:

So as you can see the whole front end had alot of chips every ware.
    So instead of dotting the paint and smearing it I chose to use the wipe method to get all the little tiny chips.

Here you can see the coat of the magic paint.

And the after pics. Seriously you just wipe the paint off with the blending solution.

Here I wiped the paint on the entire front end

After wiping off the paint here are the results

I was a cloudy day so not much light. the paint had micro scratches from me wiping and I'll correct those next week. But I can recommend Dr. Color Chip highly!
    For as little as $40 bucks you can fix all those chips on your car!
    This products was extremely easy to use and with in a few mins you'll get the hang of it and fix your chips with ease.
    Here's the site with all the instructions you need to have the confidence to do this yourself.
    It really is as easy as paint, smear and wipe to perfection!

DetailingByM.com

Re: Dr. Color Chip: Better then blobs and wet sanding!

What is the 'wipe method'? It is used for a heavily chipped area?
    2016 Acura ILX

Comment

Nice work, I would like to know the wipe method too?

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
      "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

well you wipe it on, lol
        I just put some on a towel and wiped it on. Sounds crazy right?
        Well it worked great.
        At first is was dabbing every little chip with a brush and that would have taken all day. So I did what they said to do and the rest is history.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Originally posted by Please Wash Me Detailing View Post
          well you wipe it on, lol
          I just put some on a towel and wiped it on. Sounds crazy right?
          Well it worked great.
          At first is was dabbing every little chip with a brush and that would have taken all day. So I did what they said to do and the rest is history.

I hope what you say is right. If not I Figure you owe me 69.00 cause I bought this on your say-so. LOL

Comment

^^^^ Do you think I'm lying? lol.
            my pics are true.
            Your going to be happy with it.
            call me if you need some help with it.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Great result!

It almost looks too easy..
              Originally posted by Blueline
              I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

It is easy, way easy

DetailingByM.com

Comment

So when you wipe away the excess paint, how does the paint inside the chips not wipe away?

Also, how long does the paint inside the chips last? Is it like normal paint?
                  I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Dr. ColorChip's proprietary three-step paint chip repair process is the easiest and most effective way to touch-up minor automotive paint chips and road rash. Effective paint chip repair keeps your car looking like new and protects it from rust and other long-term damage. Easier to use than traditional touch-up paint or paint pens, you'll get professional results and a guaranteed exact OEM match to your car's finish.

after 2 mins the paint is dry enough to "work" it.
                    You wipe with the Dr. Color Chip Solvent to remove the paint around the chips.
                    you don't wipe the paint out of the chips. Which would be kind of hard to do. Because the paint is hard and is "in" the chip. I guess if you wiped hard enough the paint would come out of the chip, so don't do that!

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Looks like a pretty amazing product...

Comment

yes it is!
                        I'm now able to fix little chips in cars in no time at all!
                        You know when your done detailing a car and that one little chip/scratch that just needs paint? Well now you can fix it in 5 mins and your customers will be amazed and throw all there money at you!

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Lol... but wouldn't you have to pre-order the exact color to match that particular customer's car?

You can't be expected to have every paint color. So it's not just something you could do on the spot, no?

Comment

yes. but I have black, white and silver in my van.
                            For my daily drivers and these are freebees to my customers. Not full road rash repair. I'm refering to those door dings and the like, you know, the single chips/scratches.

It might not match exactly but it's why better then a chip/missing paint. And you can't tell unless you know where the chip/scratch was.
                            If I'm hired to a full road rash like the Bentley, then I order the exact color.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Easy Peasy! Almost foolproof.................ALMOST!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');