• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ford Expedition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Expedition

Figured if I owned my own detailing company my detail vehicle would have to have a great shine...

Check it out...

Products used...

Meguiar's NXT Car Wash
    Meguiar's ScratchX
    Meguiar's PlastX
    Meguiar's Gold Class Wax
    Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax
    Meguiar's NXT Insane Shine
    Meguiar's NXT Tech Protectant

This car was detailed by Kelm Detailing!

...Please vote in the poll!
    Great
    6.06%
    Alright
    54.55%
    Terrible
    39.39%

I gave it an "alright" and here's why. Your plastic trim still has some wax on it in the picture under the mirror. The hood shot is showing a fair amount of swirls. I don't know if you have a PC or any type of buffer but you are going to need one(or VERY strong arms) and some #83, 80 and some Tech Wax to add to the regimen. This should knock down the swirling and bring up the shine. I don't know if it's just me but the shine seems to lack depth that the Tech Wax would bring to it.

My two pennies......
    Quadruple Honda Owner
    Black cars are easy!

Comment

I gave it a "terrible" and here's why - On these sites, anything less than perfect will be heavily critiqued. The hood shot is not even close to near perfect, as those swirls are pretty noticeable. The PC and the right product will knock them the f out. You can do much better.
      2003 White Diamond Cadillac Escalade with Weld Evo Forged 22's

Comment

Well

I have a buffer and will try to remove the swirls... Is that what those fine scratches and swirls / whatever appearing on the hood when the sun hits it are?

What do you recommend... Swirl Remover 2.0, ScratchX, or what?
        Last edited by Kelm; Apr 18, 2005, 06:21 AM.

Comment

The white letters on the tires need work too. They should be completely white.

You have come to the right place to improve your skills!

Have an open mind and just soak up all you can.
          -Bob
          NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Re: Well

Originally posted by Kelm
            I have a buffer and will try to remove the swirls... Is that what those fine scratches and swirls / whatever appearing on the hood when the sun hits it are?

What do you recommend... Swirl Remover 2.0, ScratchX, or what?
            You can use #9 Swirl Remover 2.0 and it should get MOST of those swirls out. #9 does a good job, but most clear coats are pretty hard and some swirls may need a more aggressive product.

You should follow #9 with a pure polish to add depth.

Using #80 Speed Glaze should tackle more swirls than #9 AND add depth. Then top with NXT Tech Wax and you should be golden!

Comment

Here's the plan...

NXT Car Wash
              Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner
              ScratchX
              Swirl Remover 2.0
              ColorX
              Deep Crystal Polish
              Gold Class Wax
              NXT Tech Wax

(...The above is for the paint)

Will that take care of my swirls?

I'll use a buffer with the Swirl Remover and whatever else you recommend....

Thanks all!

Comment

I would have clayed the surface first, hit with M-83 and a rotary buffer set at about 1200 rpm and a W-8006 pad.. Swirl's should be pretty much gone..Finally finished it up with a PC using NXT wax and a W-9006 pad, and your done..

Comment

You’re already with a good car care brand but you have to first learn to identify paint defects. Then you need to learn how to safely and efficiently remove them.

Your off to a good start but have a ways to go yet.

A journey of a 1000 miles starts with one step.
                  Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

agree with the other posts..

Clay after washing the car...

hmm... judging from the finish of that Expi, in order to get those swirls out, start with a good cleaner polish like DACP with a Yellow Pad.. then switch to Speed Glaze. (but try to gauge whether Speed Glaze alone can do the trick)

then top off with NXTx2... and some #16 if there's still some available.

then bring out the camera and take some pics!

BTW, here's a tip: to get those white letters on the tires to look really awesome, get some sandpaper (grit 1000-1500) and lightly go over it before dressing it.

Comment

Are you going to add signage to the windows?

Once you do some of the things listed in this thread to take your results over the top, you'll be ready to use your vehicle to advertise you business.

Remember this however, once you put your signage on this rig, you will have to keep it looking just detailed all the time as people will judge your detailing ability by the way your Ford Expedition looks. This is a two-edged sword, do your best to make sure it cuts for you... not against you...

Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

or you could clean the tires with the foaming cleaner and then dress the tire and then finally get a white duplicolor pen thingie ( don't know what they are called but they are designed for tires ) and go over the letters

that way if the customer doesn't like it can be removed
                        Patrick Yu
                        2003 Honda Accord
                        2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

has anyone else tired this?
                          Patrick Yu
                          2003 Honda Accord
                          2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

all I get is redx's
                            BMW Carbon Black '99 Dakota R/T (Click Here)

Comment

I think something must have happened to the pics, all I get is X's as well.
                              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');