• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DA Power System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DA Power System

You also may be applying wax too thick, or not letting it dry long enough.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I wash and clayed my car today. Then i used da with cleaner wax. Cleaner wax is very easy to remove. After that, i applied nxt wax over it and when removing the wax, i realised there are many black little dot stuck into the paint. When i wiped my cloth to remove the nxt, these little dots seems to be stuck inside the paint and making the wax oil to appear. Its hard to wipe off the excess oils.

this time i applied very little wax and i suspect that is due to these little dots. As i frequently parked my car near a factory, i suspect these little dots are metal particles. The factory cuts metals and the particles might have embedded into my car paint..

After trying so hard to completely remove nxt wax, i only applied cleaner wax to the other side of my car.

Im in Singapore and its very humid and hot over here. 30 to 35 degree celsius most of the time and i park my car in the open. Do you think by applying cleaner wax once every month has adequate protection? Or should i do it every 2 weeks?

i might use ultimate compound to remove the little metal dots but not be doing it anytime soon.

Comment

Did the clay not remove the black dots?

Comment

Nope the clay did not remove the little dots. Not too sure how far the metal stuck into the paint.. It can only be see if you really look closely under sun. If not it is alomost invincible but the paint surface is not too smooth.

so could i do with cleaner wax every month?

another question. What happen if i heat my nxt wax to liquid and cool it again. Can i still use it?

Comment

1. Well if the black dots appear to be some sort of rust/fall out... something like the IronX product may be good to try. TRIX also is possible, though I didnt like it quite as much.

2. You can certainly Cleaner/Wax every month, no harm there.

3. What? Why? Did you buy the Nxt 2.0 paste?

Comment

Will cleaner wax once a month be enough or shd i do once every 2 weeks.

my nxt paste was bought 2 years ago when i was still using hand to apply. My nxt wax left a very small amount on the side. So i melted it to make it even in the container. Can i still use it ? Its hard now and flat in the container.

Comment

People do warm the paste wax once in a while to fix cracks in it... even though there is nothing wrong with there being cracks in it. So yeah, I'm sure it is still fine.

Once a month is likely ok.. but you will have to try it and see.

Comment

after closer examination and doing some research online. it seems to be iron particles embedded into my car paint. </SPAN>
                  Ironx is not sold here in Singapore. Guess I will need to ship it from the US again and wait for 3 weeks for delivery. </SPAN></SPAN></SPAN>

Comment

now i know the problem lies with my cloth... it does not have any absorbing abilities at all. When I used UQD, the cloth just pushes the detailer liquid away. I can still see liquid streaks after rubbing my cloth many many times.

When I use the same low quality cloth with UP (with a DA), the excess residue cannot be easily remove. It took me so much effort and even with a DA, I only manage to do 1 door within 3 hours.

The same thing happen when I wax my car with NXT 2.0 The excess wax cannot be easily remove and seems to have lots of excess oil on my car paint.

Yesterday, I went to purchase 3M detailing cloth and it works wonders. I could detail the whole car with 2 3M cloths so easily. Previously, I had to keep changing the low quality cloth and used 10 in total just to detail my car.

I tried waxing and polishing with the new 3M cloth and it was so easy!!!. Should be able to polish and wax my whole car tonight.

The type of cloth really make a different.!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wesleyoh View Post
                      now i know the problem lies with my cloth... it does not have any absorbing abilities at all. When I used UQD, the cloth just pushes the detailer liquid away. I can still see liquid streaks after rubbing my cloth many many times.

When I use the same low quality cloth with UP (with a DA), the excess residue cannot be easily remove. It took me so much effort and even with a DA, I only manage to do 1 door within 3 hours.

The same thing happen when I wax my car with NXT 2.0 The excess wax cannot be easily remove and seems to have lots of excess oil on my car paint.

Yesterday, I went to purchase 3M detailing cloth and it works wonders. I could detail the whole car with 2 3M cloths so easily. Previously, I had to keep changing the low quality cloth and used 10 in total just to detail my car.

I tried waxing and polishing with the new 3M cloth and it was so easy!!!. Should be able to polish and wax my whole car tonight.

MF towels in general have been bugging me lately... they just push the water around :/

I used more than 70 towels to detail my car yesterday. Where did you get the 3m towels?

Comment

Originally posted by SpoolMe View Post
                        I used more than 70 towels to detail my car yesterday.
                        There's something seriously not right there...
                        Originally posted by Blueline
                        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

im from Singapore by the way Not too sure for your country..

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
                            Seriously...

Comment

Originally posted by wesleyoh View Post

WTMF?

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
                              Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                              Seriously...
                              ^^ I concur

DetailingByM.com

Comment

In order to remove light swirls and light scratches, should I apply SwirlX, followed by Ultimate Polish, or just use Ultimate Polish? For SwirlX, would I use the red pad and use the yellow pad for the Ultimate Polish? Also, am I correct in assuming that my cordless drill would likely die before I could do these steps and the wax step?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');