• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

carpet/upholstery cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carpet/upholstery cleaner

I was wondering which is a good quality carpet/upholstery cleaner. I need something I can spray on and work in with a towel or something and pick up with a shop vac. I've been looking at the aerosol can in the detailer line, anyone use this one and how well does it work?

Re: carpet/upholstery cleaner

The Detailer Line stuff works great and you don't really need a shop vac to get it up. Work it in with a towel or a brush and get it up with another towel continually turning it until the spot is dry to the touch. Used it many times with great results.
    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
    Andy M. Moderator

Comment

I have always used APC+ with great results
      Rupes 21 / Flex 3401 / G110v2 / GG3"
      Thoryamaha919 AKA Evan
      Click and Like my Facebook Page

Comment

Andy and Evan, thanks for the quick responses! Is the APC treatment something that you would work in with a brush and then hit it with a shop vac? What is the difference going to be between APC vs APC+?

Comment

APC + has a citrus scent. Yes you could use it to work in with a brush and vaccuum up. It also works well. I use a lot of APC and APC +. I even use it around the house for general cleaning.
          Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
          Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Are both methods good for seats as well as carpet?

Comment

To be totally honest I haven't used APC to clean seats or carpet. I have however used the D line cleaner quite often. The worst stain I ever got out with it was a whole cup of spilled coffee that had been dried in the baking interior during the summer. Owner didn't even blot it up when it was first spilled. I got the whole stain out. Looked brand new.
              Mike uses APC in this thread here......

What to use on carpets and fabric seats?
              Andy M. Moderator

Comment

APC/APC+ are good for everything... if you dont have a jug, you should get one.

The APC will foam a little more, can be handy if you need it to cling to something.. APC+ has a little degreaser in it.

I couldnt even list the things I have used it for on the car and around the house/yard.
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I have used APC+ on both carpets and seats. As stated it does foam up but i use a stiff brush to work and agitate the area then vacuum the area. Sometimes if I need I will get a damp cloth and work the area. On seats it's a little more tricky cause of the foam but I just apply APC+ to a cloth then start working the area.
                  Rupes 21 / Flex 3401 / G110v2 / GG3"
                  Thoryamaha919 AKA Evan
                  Click and Like my Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');