• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Best in Show" Red Vette detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Best in Show" Red Vette detail

Should I waste everyones time with some pics of a 01 red Z06 vette I detailed today. I'm sure no one cares right??

Here's a tease.

And yep its supercharged.
    Last edited by scrub; Apr 16, 2005, 02:10 PM.

Looking good so far!
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Did you give it the whole nine yards detail? Your not wasting my time. Post all the Vette pictures you want. Looks like you did a fantastic job Scrub.

Comment

Oooooh! What did you use?
        Quadruple Honda Owner
        Black cars are easy!

Comment

Wash: Hyper wash
          Clay: Detail Clay (mild) and LT as lube
          Cleaner: AIO
          LSP: #21

Interior:
          D line Leather Cleaner Conditioner
          No interior or motor pics yet.
          Another hand app detail. That's 2 in a row. I'm really liking the new even coat applicators.

Comment

I was debating which products, but the scope of the detail changed from exterior only to full. As you can see I was running short on time and had already washed 5 other cars. I skipped polishing this time. I started at a little after 4:30 and was complete by 8:00.

Please notice the trim. I used the Accent dressing (spray) for the first time. Very nice product.

Comment

Big ups to the Accent Dressing! A friend came by today and his car was kind of ashy so I grabbed the spray out of my car and touched up HALF of the plastic at the base of his windshield. He said he was on his way to grab a can of it.
              Quadruple Honda Owner
              Black cars are easy!

Comment

Accent dressing rocks. I was using adams before but shipping took to long. I saw the Meguiar's brand in the detail catalog and decided to give it a try. I read the consumer and pro catalogs like daily.

The owner was impressed with my work and said he'd be back. He's going to a car show tomorrow with his clean ride. I hope he does well.

Comment

Hey Scrub,

Nice work as always! The Vette looks better than when it was brand new!

Tim
                  Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Thanks for all the positve feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by scrub
                      Accent dressing rocks. I was using adams before but shipping took to long. I saw the Meguiar's brand in the detail catalog and decided to give it a try. I read the consumer and pro catalogs like daily.

The owner was impressed with my work and said he'd be back. He's going to a car show tomorrow with his clean ride. I hope he does well.
                      As you see in the subject the owner did well at the car show today. He gave me a call on the way back from the show and said he won Best in Show. He went on to say he usually wins first place but hadn't ever won Best in Show before.

Funny thing is I detailed his car as I would detail any vehicle. The only thing I did different is used Accent dressing and 303 Interior Cleaner/Conditioner. Every thing else was the same.

I'm just real excited and wanted to say thanks to everyone on the forum and Meguiar's for their help and support in my first year as a member of MOL.
                      Last edited by scrub; Apr 16, 2005, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Yep! I like red Corvette's!!!!!!

Great job!
                        -Bob
                        NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Originally posted by RDVT4ME
                          Yep! I like red Corvette's!!!!!!

Great job!

Meguiar's Products
                          PICs of my 2001 Mag Red C5 Coupe, A4 (3.42)
                          w/405rwhp & 372rwtq ... Stock Heads

GM got it right with the C5 styling, however ...
                          the C6 is a sad attempt at cosmetic refinement.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');