• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bosch GP712VS Large Angle Polisher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosch GP712VS Large Angle Polisher

I received this nice Bosch polisher as a gift as they knew I love car care and have a Meguiar's DA polisher.

It was good intentions, but I'm too scared to even ATTEMPT to use it on my car. I will stick with a safer DA unless I ever got some pro training. ha-ha.

Therefore, I would like to sell this Bosch GP712VS. While it has a high MSRP, I think people realistically find them brand new like this for right around $200.

However, I want it to be an attractive option so I am going to sell it for $165 including shipping (probably be FedEx ground and even that might be expensive for me due to the bit of weight). Yeah, so, $165 including shipping for this brand new, never plugged in Bosch GP712VS. I can't offer a warranty as it was just a gift to me, but again it is brand new and never powered on, so it should be a nice polisher at the $165 price point.

Hope it might help someone get a nice polisher. There are no extras. It's just the straight up retail polisher. It has a handle and the default backing plate (I think it's a 7 inch plate).

Thanks!!!

Re: Bosch GP712VS Large Angle Polisher

Imo, even though DA's are nice. Once you learn a rotary you'll never go back. Good luck, I'd pick it up if I didn't have so many already rotaries already. Trust me on this, you won't ever be able to achieve the amount of correction with really bad scratches that you can with a rotor. If you do manage to it will take alot longer.

If you do decide to keep it here's some help.

A forum community dedicated to UK-based automotive detailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about methods, materials, equipment, restoration, classifieds, troubleshooting, and more!

My person tips.
    A. Never go over 1400 rpm.
    B. Never sit on one spot for more then 2 seconds, always be moving.
    C. Always start out with softer polishes then what you would use on a DA.
    D. Try not to polish in direct sun.
    E. IMPORTANT: Always keep the pad lubricated, for beginning I always reccomend soaking the pad to the point you are slinging stuff around. It's ok to be messy, you will improve your technique over time.

Comment

The Driver

Thanks. I don't really have anywhere to keep it either. I honestly use my DA once a year, so even it gets underused. I'm extremely unskilled. ha-ha. I would be so scared of trying the rotary. However, your tips are still interesting to me. Should I ever have another rotary forced on me, I will save this thread to my desktop. Thank you! I'd probably be more willing to try if it wasn't my SLK I would have to use as my test. If I ever have another, older used car or something, perhaps I could learn on it.

Update on the polisher....

I received a message wanting to know the country of origin of the unit. I will try to check when I get home. I don't want to mess with it too much to keep it pretty much untouched for the new owner, but I will try to find the country of origin without touching it much. ha.

Thanks again to all, and I do appreciate those tips!

Comment

It's actually the old school of thought to think a rotary is required for heavy defect removal. With new products and techniques, a DA can even remove sanding marks. Rotary required wool/compound leaving swirls for a middle step, refining with the finishing step. Meguiars MF system was a huge game changer allowing the new user to get amazing correction. Ask the detailing world as a whole, and it's the rotary collecting dust.

Comment

Originally posted by Soarer5 View Post
          It's actually the old school of thought to think a rotary is required for heavy defect removal. With new products and techniques, a DA can even remove sanding marks. Rotary required wool/compound leaving swirls for a middle step, refining with the finishing step. Meguiars MF system was a huge game changer allowing the new user to get amazing correction. Ask the detailing world as a whole, and it's the rotary collecting dust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruVUpab6AlY
          Thanks, this should help me sell it . ha-ha.

I bet it still has a real place. The MF system I have myself and it is very expensive and the pads don't seem to last too long.

For a more prosumer or professional, a polisher like this might still be a good option.

I hope anyway. We shall see if anyone wants it.

Comment

UPDATE - $145 Shipped to Your Door

Meguiars Online has changed the way I care for my car. Therefore, I don't want anyone to buy it who doesn't need it. However, if someone truly needs it, I would love them to get it at a better price like this.

Therefore, $145 to your door.

The box indeed had seals on it, so I didn't want to break those seals. However, the box says the polisher was made in China despite being a Bosch product, so there you go.

Comment

UPDATE - $135 Shipped to Your Door (Ground Shipping)

I will leave it posted for this price for a few days before trying to list on ebay or something instead.

Thanks again everyone. I won't bump this again unless it sells or I take it off, but wanted to give this final price adjustment.

Comment

Hi. I would have deleted the thread or edited the last message as I do NOT want to bump this, but too much time has passed to do that.

I received an offer outside the forum for $175 so I took it. I couldn't resist the idea of having some extra car care cash. More Meguiar's products coming my way!

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');