• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• da power system

Im going to treat my truck with my new da power system im using the 3 pads, can i use this wax (after the polishing step )with the black pad and that's it, or i still need to use the ultimate wax ?

Comment

• Re: da power system

Originally posted by jdavis92 View Post
      Thread Revival.

At the suggestion of the Meguiar's Hotline, I bought WW last fall when it was time to do a wash/clay/wax on my truck and the wife's new Impreza (both silver, both DD).

It seemed to work pretty well, but I don't have the trained eye of some others. I'm using a Ryobi 6" ROB with a MF bonnet.

Here's my question. I have a usable amount of NXT 2.0 left over and I was wondering if I could use it to top off the WW or if there is a better use for it somewhere in the mix.

Thanks.
      You can top off white wax with NXT if you like. It will give you a little more protection.

Originally posted by marc otra View Post
      Im going to treat my truck with my new da power system im using the 3 pads, can i use this wax (after the polishing step )with the black pad and that's it, or i still need to use the ultimate wax ?
      Yes you can use this as your wax. You do not have to put anything else over it. It will not last as long as ultimate wax. Completely your decision.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

How do you get this stuff out of the pads? I hit one pad with full strength Awsome APC & Dawn and one pad with full strength Awsome degreaser & Dawn. Then hand rinsed in hot water. Then a hot machine wash, cold rinse, air dryed and the pads still have an oily feel to them
        Loving the product results BTW
        See Kevin's '03 PT Cruiser GT here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/477590

Comment

• Re: White Wax

I usually dump my pads in the car wash soap solution with a couple of shots of APC+ at 4:1.
          I let it soak for a few hours and squeeze it out before throwing it in the wash machine.
          2012 Acura CBP TL SH-AWD Tech

Comment

Originally posted by KBzPTGT View Post
            How do you get this stuff out of the pads? I hit one pad with full strength Awsome APC & Dawn and one pad with full strength Awsome degreaser & Dawn. Then hand rinsed in hot water. Then a hot machine wash, cold rinse, air dryed and the pads still have an oily feel to them
            Loving the product results BTW
            I forgot to add, I left these to soak over night in the above solution. Then rinsed by hand in hot to the touch water.
            Thanks

Comment

Finally Canadian tire started selling this - one application by hand on Ford edge (2013)White Platinum Tri-Coat Metallic.Looks simply outstanding = very pleased.As others have mentioned a little goes a long way.

Comment

I going to try this WhiteWax....my old routine (by Hand) was
                ColorX, then topped it off with NXT2.0....

My question is, is WhiteWax or ColorX (by hand) for cleaning a white car?
                ....and ofcourse I'll topped it off with NXT2.0....
                or is NXT2.0 not neccessary after using WhiteWax?

thank you.

Comment

White Wax is not only for white cars. It has a high cleaning ability, which is well suited to lighter colored paints, but can be used on any color.

ColorX and WW are both AIO's, so they provide some cleaning / correction, as well as protection. So if you don't have the time, they are a great one-step which don't require anything else on top.

Topping with a sealant like NXT or UW would offer more durable protection. Many do this because the NXT or UW will last longer than WW on it's own.

Then again... many say it's defeating the purpose of using an AIO, or on-step product. It's personal preference really.
                  Originally posted by Blueline
                  I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

No problems topping white wax with NXT 2.0, I actually do something similar. I find that cleaner wax+sealant/wax combo gives great results without being too time consuming. I use black wax, and top it with either NXT 2.0 or Ultimate, maybe it's just me but I don't feel comfortable with the amount of protection Black (or White) wax has.

Comment

I'll be working by hand,

and if I 'accidentally' leave a small amount on the black lining (weather striping, side mirror black plastics...etc....),
                      will this MeguiarsWhiteWax turn our BLACK moldings 'white'?????

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear View Post
                        I'll be working by hand,

and if I 'accidentally' leave a small amount on the black lining (weather striping, side mirror black plastics...etc....),
                        will this MeguiarsWhiteWax turn our BLACK moldings 'white'?????
                        Yes it will stain trim. Wipe it off right away from any rubber trim or textured plastic and you will be fine.
                        99 Grand Prix
                        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Great product, very easy to use with excellent results. But please change the packaging/container it comes in. I had it leak all over and at times it's a pain to dispense.

Comment

Originally posted by imacarnut View Post
                            Great product, very easy to use with excellent results. But please change the packaging/container it comes in. I had it leak all over and at times it's a pain to dispense.
                            I make sure the top is on tight and hang upside down

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Stoops View Post
                              First off, welcome to MOL!

Yes, this can be classed as a cleaner wax, but it's a pretty potent cleaner wax due to the SMAT abrasives in it. Single stage white tends to be incredibly hard because of the titanium dioxide used as the pigment, so trying to fully correct defects in it by hand is tough even with a dedicated compound, let alone a cleaner wax. But White Wax should help dramatically with the removal of embedded dirt and other things that dull down the color and steal it of the vibrancy it once had.
                              The SMAT abbrasives in White wax...for hand use as you eluded to in the above quote must either be really aggressive to even mention comparing it to a dedicated compound, OR there must be a lot of SMAT abbrasives in that tube.

Which brings up something I rarely see talked about; How much of the SMAT abbrasives are in a given product bottle vs another product with same abbrasives...Meg's of course.

There is a certain similarity in that both are technically cleaner waxes, but the user experience is very different with White Wax and D151 - the White Wax is a much smoother, butter like application, wipes off easier and offers a bit more protection.
                              With White wax being smoother (application and removal), according to your description, and offering more protection than D151, I ask these questions:

1. Does White wax have more or less cut than D15?

2. On the Meguiar's scale in comparison to other AIO's and/or polishes, where would you place its cut level?

We posted this in the Black Wax thread but want to include it here as well for those who are following the White Wax thread more closely. To put White Wax and Black Wax in perspective with our A12 Cleaner Wax, this graphic should help:

You can see that both of these new waxes offer a lot more protection than Cleaner Wax does, but White gives a whole lot more cleaning ability while Black gives a lot more polishing ability.
                              While you certainly could, you might actually want a more premium product to use on a white car in excellent condition. Something like Ultimate Wax or NXT Tech Wax are still polish/waxes but since they're pure synthetics they'll last longer than either White or Black Wax. But Black Wax is certainly an option in that case.
                              3. Where would M20, M66, and D151 fall in the above graphic?

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
                              Yes it will stain trim. Wipe it off right away from any rubber trim or textured plastic and you will be fine.
                              So, White wax will stain trim only if not wiped off immediately. Thanks!

4. How about D151 staining rubber/plastic trim?

5. Do they still make White wax? I can't seem to locate any in stores.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');