• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: White Wax

Perfect timing for me - I just leased a 2013 Ford Edge with pearl tri - coat -because I'm an amateur would like any feed back on which was preferred by members with white tri coat Aka pearl tri - coat - I have seen others mention color x .

Comment

Originally posted by Escape Artist View Post
      Perfect timing for me - I just leased a 2013 Ford Edge with pearl tri - coat -because I'm an amateur would like any feed back on which was preferred by members with white tri coat Aka pearl tri - coat - I have seen others mention color x .
      If everything looks good, with not a lot of dirt, defects, you may get even better results from the Black Wax.

But any of the cleaner/waxes would be good. ColorX is kind of the previous generation of cleaner/wax, and is definately a favorite for years.

1. Wash
      2. Clay
      3. a cleaner/wax - White Wax, Black Wax, or ColorX
      4. Wax

makes for a great quick detail.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Cheers -cant wait to get started the weather is really bad at the moment so its just a grey salty mess in the driveway.

Comment

Will either White or Black wax stain black plastic trim and molding?

Comment

Well, if going to be a mess after winter, you may like the extra cleaning ability of the White Wax.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Nevermind, I found Mike Stoops' comment that if allowed to dry it can stain trim, but if wiped off before drying, no issues.

Comment

I picked a bottle of the Meg's White Wax to use on my silver 02 Ford Taurus. Due to time constraints I was only able to use this on the front half of the car. Entire car was washed and dried. I clay bar'ed the front half of the car first, then on to the new white wax. First impression, it's like tooth paste, lol, I was expecting more of a liquid. I applied it by hand with the included applicator and let it haze. It goes on easy and comes off easy as well. I liked that I was able to see the where the wax was applied and where it was removed, a huge plus on white & silver cars!!! The finish left is so crisp and clear, I can't wait until I'm able to apply it to the entire car.

Comment

I used White Wax today on my solid white '06 GMC Sierra Crew Cab pickup, which sits outside. The paint has been maintained, it's not perfect but I'd say well above average, I've only owned it for two years. I normally give this truck a full exterior detail every 3-4 months, wash, clay, polish & wax. Today I washed the truck, using my favorite wash-Megs Gold Class Shampoo & blue Lake Country sponges. Then I blew it off with my air blaster and dried the truck off with mf towels. Using Megs Last Touch Detailer diluted 2-1 and fine clay, I clayed all the top surfaces, front bumper & tailgate, the other surfaces felt fine. The with my Megs da & yellow polishing pad, set at 3.5, I started on one half of the roof, using moderate pressure. The product goes a long ways, it's easy to see the product coverage on the paint. I wanted to see how easy the White Wax was to remove before it dried, it just smeared and left a haze, which quickly dried and was then easy to wipe off. I finished the roof, moved onto the hood, front end, tonnue cover, tailgate & the sides, allowing the product to dry. I did get some wax on the black plastic trim, but I quickly removed it before it dried, no staining at all. There were a couple areas I had to do by hand, like the inside door sills, door handles & fuel door area. It was very easy to wipe off, and left the finish very shiny & slick too.
                  I really like to product, it's very fast & easy to use. The toothpaste type tube is different, I rolled it up from the bottom as I used it. I think I can detail this truck 5 or 6 times with one tube of White Wax.
                  As for it's durability, I have no idea yet.

Comment

^ Nice, thanks for the review..
                    Originally posted by Blueline
                    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

I washed and clay barred my wife's silver 2007 Chevrolet TBSS. I then applied this fantastic new product via DA polisher on a 6" Lake Country white pad. I used moderate pressure with speed at 4.5 and made 4 passes. I used 4" focus pads for pillars and tight spots. I'd say I eliminated 90+ % of the swirls in the finish. I also loved the ease of removal of the product. I did the entire vehicle before removing it. Temperature was about 70*F in my garage with 35% humidity. No issues what so ever but unfortunately no pics. I believe I can get 6 or more uses judging by the small amount of product used.

In a nutshell: it's an all in one...that works! IMHO: Meguiar's, you hit a home run with this one.
                      2014 Cadillac ATS4 Performance in White Diamond Tricoat. It's loaded with everything but frickin' lasers!

Comment

i just use the white wax on my solid ivory white car, my car due to very rainy and hot season in malaysia, it easily have embedded stain to the surface which can not remove by using wash&wax and quik wax, just now i use the white wax, it easily remove ALL the stain or whatsoever call the rain drop mark and many, but after remove the stain need to use a clean cloth to wipe off the removed dirty, continuously doing this, my car looks like a new car, and after that quickly apply the ultimate quik wax to enhance the polymer to prevent the rainy season able to last longer the shiny look. overall this white wax really nice and can use many times with 1 white wax, but sadly it can not remove the Tar, the buttom of my car got many the black dot, im not sure how to remove it, please advice.

Comment

Try using kerosene or paint thinner on those tar spots.

You will have to re-wax the area(s) after using either product.

Good luck...

Bill

Comment

Tarminator, WD40 are cold solvents that are paint safe.
                            Kerosene will eat your paint if your not careful

Also on another point.
                            I've used White Wax on 2 vehicles so far. It's easy to use, cleans the paint well and leaves a nice shine.
                            I love it!

DetailingByM.com

Comment

OOC, where would White Wax fall on the cut scale for the SMAT product line up? Wondering if it is as agressive as UP but with less oils. Am thinking on trying the White Wax on a new car using a PC DA to remove DISO and maybe save one wax step (i.e. Wash>Clay>White Wax>Wax).

Comment

Apply thin and work in linear motion, really nice paste wax....

This paste wax on a tube is something else....

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');