• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: White Wax

So where does its cleaning/correction ability or aggressiveness fall between Ultimate Compound and ultimate polish?

I'm on a tight budget and I wanted something with wax in it to put on after I clay and use Ultimate Compound on my car to protect it until I can buy the UP and UW and but a power buffer to apply it with.
    And I was looking at the white wax if it was less aggressive than the Ultimate Compound so I wouldn't be working backward in that regard. Otherwise I would just going to throw some kind of a wax on it or maybe even use the regular cleaner wax that I do have...if that one is less aggressive than Ultimate Compound also.

I have to do it this in stages, day by day, as I'm slightly disabled and some days are better than others. So it might take me upwards two weeks to do my whole mini-can. But I don't want the paint sitting there exposed after using the rubbing compound during that time
    Last edited by MichaelRS; Oct 5, 2015, 01:32 PM. Reason: Typos

Comment

White Wax sits between UC and UP in terms of agressiveness.
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Thank you. Kind of what I figured, but better to get an answer from somebody who knows.
        My car, a white 2002 Sienna, actually looks pretty good after the Ultimate Compound, which you seem to hear about happening a lot in these threads, with people going right to the wax after using it, so I might skip ultimate polish altogether and just use a cleaner wax to hold me over until I next month pay when I pick up the ultimate liquid wax.

But I wonder, after waiting a month and just washing the car, do you think I would have to do some other preparation, besides just washing?
        Would I have to repolish it anyway with UP so the wax would bond better?

Comment

You can apply UW on top of White Wax. It may affect the longevity of UW but it won't keep it from falling off the paint. You can even use a spray wax to maintain it until you wish to either apply it again or polish/seal.

You could actually use white wax a few times a year as it's durability is pretty good. I was at like 3 months and it was still doing ok. I ended up using a spray on water activated sealant after that.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Good ideas all the way around. It's always good options. And I see, by the graph, its like you say, the white wax is up there on the protection end.
            Thanks again

Comment

I'd just use the regular Cleaner Wax, since you already have it on hand. Also, you don't necessarily need a machine polisher to apply UW. It does just as good a job if applied by hand. Remember, there's no need for any added pressure while applying or removing Meguiars Ultimate Wax.
              Last edited by Eldorado2k; Oct 5, 2015, 09:50 PM. Reason: Add more info

Comment

Hi, I got a white car. I have some spot and some water streaks after a week driving it and then go for my weekly car wash. After washing this spots are left behind.
                I would like to know, should I be using Cleaner Wax or White wax to remove this spots ? It can be done cause I have done it.
                Then I will spray with Nxt Spray Wax for wax and end.
                Just wondering if I will lose more paint by using white wax since I am doing this weekly and on specific spots area only and not the entire car. Thanks.

Comment

Is it ok to use for a gray or silver car?

Comment

Originally posted by time007 View Post
                    Is it ok to use for a gray or silver car?
                    It can be used on any color.
                    99 Grand Prix
                    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by KY Gan View Post
                      Hi, I got a white car. I have some spot and some water streaks after a week driving it and then go for my weekly car wash. After washing this spots are left behind.
                      I would like to know, should I be using Cleaner Wax or White wax to remove this spots ? It can be done cause I have done it.
                      Then I will spray with Nxt Spray Wax for wax and end.
                      Just wondering if I will lose more paint by using white wax since I am doing this weekly and on specific spots area only and not the entire car. Thanks.

If you're doing this by hand, the paint you "lose" will almost be 0. By machine (PC or similar), White Wax or Cleaner Wax shouldn't remove enough paint to even worry about, especially if all you are doing is removing ABOVE THE SURFACE contamination, not trying to work out heavy scratches or swirls.
                      Don
                      12/27/2015
                      "Darth Camaro"
                      2013 Camaro ... triple black
                      323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');