• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Undercarriage Wash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undercarriage Wash

Is there a good process and product to use on undercarriage cleaning? This comes up a lot in northern states, and I was thinking of just using a degreaser like Megs degreaser or Simple Green and spraying lightly with warm water and wiping down with rags.

Any of you have any better tips or products that work best, or what to stay away from?

Re: Undercarriage Wash

Depends how far you want to go...

Some people just park over a sprinkler. I'll go to the coin-op places and spray underneath with the soap, etc.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

In the past I've done the same with just spraying under a bit when at the coin places. But I was thinking of getting further into it, like parking on ramps and crawling under to clean the gunk off better.

Comment

I was going to suggest ramps, but you beat me to it Instead of rags though, get a long handled "body brush." The brush will reach into tighter spaces than the rag AND it will help keep you out of range of the dirty water falling from the under carriage. If you can't find a body brush, a large (4") paint brush also works well.
        Don
        12/27/2015
        "Darth Camaro"
        2013 Camaro ... triple black
        323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

I've been using wheel cleaner liberally and rinsing off, and that worked fine for a time because the car was brand new. However, now the hard water deposits are building up and it's looking dirty under there even when clean. Maybe a coin-washer is the way to handle it, using their soap and wax settings??
          Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
          4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
          First Correction | Gallery

Comment

Simple green is the best product I have found. I spray it on let it sit for a few min and power wash it off.. I don't go any more in depth than that but it works surprisingly well

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');