2011 Chevy Tahoe,
This was full exterior/interior job.
It gets driven down gravel roads at 60mph every single day.
All surfaces degreased with 3D Yellow Degreaser cut 10:1.
Foamed/washed with 3D Pink Soap.
Tar stripped with Tarminator.
Sealed with 3D Cherry Wax by hand.
Tires/wells dressed with 3D Ultra Thick Protectant.
Carpets shampooed with 3D Carpet Shampoo & hot water.
Vinyl/leather cleaned with Lemon APC & hot water mix.
3D New Car Scent air freshener applied.
2013 Ford F-150 Raptor. New car prep job, less than 100 miles.
Washed with 3D Pink Soap
Waxed with 3D Express Wax.
Tires dressed with 3D Ultra Thick.
2003 Saturn SL3000
Recent job I did in a section of town I do not service quite often. This little Saturn had only 50k miles and was in great shape. The process was similar to the above Tahoe.
2011 Chevy HHR.
This was an odor removal job I did for a rental car company. Apparently there was a foul odor in the vehicle that traditional air freshener products could not tackle.
I determined the odor was from the spill of a vanialla beverage. Thankfully it mainly landed on the floormat.
I removed the odor by shampooing the mat with 3D Carpet Shampoo and extracting with my power washer.
The rest of the interior was given a Dakota Odor Bomb application, allowing to sit undisturbed for 2hrs by instructions. I chose Fresh Melon Scent.
No pictures of the interior, just the exterior. It was simply washed with 3D Pink Soap & Waxed with 3D Express Wax. I was waiting for the odor bomb to do its thing.
1999 Ford E-450 Box Van.
Got a call to do an estimate for a decal adhesive removal job on a Ford E=450 box van . The company wanted it power washed and stripped clean of all industrial soot as well.
I ended up doing the job but I really should have declined. Really was more of a headache than a money maker. There were a myraid of reasons why I should have let it go. You can work yourself to the bone but you need a good business mindset to be successful and profitable.
First off the job was in a town twenty miles afar & out of my way, in the middle of nowhere, and miles from paved roads, all gravel. The truck was sitting in a barn which was filled with mice. trashed inside & out, years of sitting under a tree, & a beyond filthy interior. The closest water source was over 300ft away.
My bid was $300 for about 6hrs of labor which turned into 10.5hrs, plus a lot more material was used than I expected. I made very little on this job, if anything once all expenses & materials are incurred. I dont believe they got another bid since they called me Saturday evening saying it needed to be done by Sunday evening.
The adhesive was stuck on solid, a heat gun helped but the quickest & safest way was Goof Off & a plastic scraper.
Heres the first photo taken upon arrival at 6:00am Sunday morning.
The truck was caked with years of built up grime & industrial soot, as well as some mildew. The pictures do not do it justice. The adhesive on the box portion was hard to capture in the pictures.
Pressure Wash entire roof & degrease industrial soot with Greased Lightening.
Pressure Wash entire truck from top to bottom.
Box & cab washed with mix of Greased Lightening & Dawn Power Clean.
Aluminum washed with Wheel Brightener 1:1.
Tires degreased with 3D Yellow Degreaser 1:1.
Inside of cab carefully power washed to remove standing mud & dirt.
Interior washes with Greased Lightening.
Dakota Odor Bomb applied
Decal adhesive carefully removed with Goof Off & Tarminator, 5 cans total. Difficult areas lightly scraped with a razor blade & plastic putty knife.
The truck turned out alright for what it was, but the job is done.