• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polished Corian counter tops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, for those that consider detailing a sickness, I happen to have a picture of someone, who wants to keep his identity hidden, that has taken detailing during the winter months to a whole new level!

Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Don't tell me you using the rotary buffer on the shower stall...

(Is there a doctor in the house?)

Okay, what did you use for surface prep? and then what did you use as your LSP?

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I used #83 followed with #20. It worked really well!!

Now...... the soaker tub was more of a problem.... I had to use a wool pad to get into the tight areas! I told you the winters are long around here!!

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Glyn RS2
          I mistakenly showed my wife this thread.
          Looks like I have just given myself a new job in the kitchen
          you too

i'm like right now for showing the girlfriend this!
          Chopped 55 Suburban
          99 3.0 CL
          Family cars:
          1958 Eldo Biarrittz Vert
          48 Merc Woody - a true sleeper
          New project: 67 Sunbeam Tiger
          Newest project: 66 Mustang Vert

Comment

Two weeks ago, I handed our 16-year old daughter the G-100 and a bottle of ColorX and had her polish out her shower stall. Except for the textured area on the floor, the rest of the shower stall *Sparkles*.

ColorX cleaned, polished and left behind a protective wax coating in one step. The G-100 did most of the work which Heather liked and the Cleaner/Wax enabled her to do it in one step.

The shower stall/bathtub was in pretty good shape to start with, we parents just know that if she performs this maintenance process in a timely fashion, it will stay looking brand new. A lesson we hope lasts her a lifetime.

Mike
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

that's great mike
              Chopped 55 Suburban
              99 3.0 CL
              Family cars:
              1958 Eldo Biarrittz Vert
              48 Merc Woody - a true sleeper
              New project: 67 Sunbeam Tiger
              Newest project: 66 Mustang Vert

Comment

household uses

O.K. I have to admit it, I'm addicted too. Last weekend I clayed and used NXT on my steel front door
                Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Dear god, I've created monsters here.

Mike, sorry I didn't see this until today (plus was on vacation last week). The counter tops are still looking pretty good, though me being the perfectionist I am I'm noticing a bunch of scratches in the counter tops, I'm half way tempted to try wet sanding next time. Still the rest of the family is happy, my mom brags on me about it still.

On another note I also tried the rotary on an outside window that had really heavy hard water etchings (Phoenix has the hardest water I've ever encountered), and heavy cut cleaner on a wool pad didn't even touch it. I even tried 400 wet sanding it, that didn't work either. So if you ever are thinking of that don't bother. Though I may have to try my PC on my shower doors. I did try applying NXT to get the water to bead off, but that only lasted one day. Anyone have any suggestions for what works good on shower doors?
                  Later,
                  Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
                  Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Rick - any 'before' pictures of the Corian tops?

just wondering, but i assume no one is polishing/waxing the floor their shower/bath tub, right? cause that be one slippery shower/bath tub.

and my family's dishwasher (a Bosch) has stainless steel on the inside. any suggestion as to what i could use to make that sucker shine, yet still be safe for washing dishes?
                    Reid

------------------------------------------------

2004 Azure Blue Mustang Mach1 - Do not view in sunny, cloudless conditions.

Comment

No before pictures, sorry. I couldn't quite capture it with the camera, but the counter tops had been there for about 4 years and just from the general wear and tear were getting dull though, using the buffer brought it back. I wish I could call it my own work, but it's not, we have another white piece of corian for a bar counter top, which is mainly decorative and not used. Before it was put in my dad polished on it for a few hours and got it extremely glossy and has remained that way for the same period of time.
                      Later,
                      Ricky

Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by Rick
                        Dear god, I've created monsters here.
                        Not trying to change the subject, but I saw a really bad dust storm out your way today...It made our local news!

Talk about monsters!
                        r. b.

Comment

Really? It was just a normal monsoon storm, we get those every year. Must have been a slow news day. Luckily my driver has temporarily stolen the garage until the Camaro comes home.
                          Later,
                          Ricky

Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by Rick
                            Really? It was just a normal monsoon storm, we get those every year. Must have been a slow news day. Luckily my driver has temporarily stolen the garage until the Camaro comes home.
                            If that's normal, I'd hate to see abnormal.
                            r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford
                              Well, for those that consider detailing a sickness, I happen to have a picture of someone, who wants to keep his identity hidden, that has taken detailing during the winter months to a whole new level!

Just look at those swirl marks!
                              r. b.

Comment

HEY!!!! Those are not swirl marks but rather reflections!! Man, what a tough crowd!!!

Tim

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');