• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polished Corian counter tops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2hotford
    HEY!!!! Those are not swirl marks but rather reflections!! Man, what a tough crowd!!!

Tim
    I broke down and buffed the tub & shower stall combo with a PC/ColorX duo...I'll have to admit, it looks like new now...The wife was amazed too.
    r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Bumper
      I broke down and buffed the tub & shower stall combo with a PC/ColorX duo...I'll have to admit, it looks like new now...The wife was amazed too.
      Oh no!!! Now you have done it! Trust me, you will be cleaning ALL the time now! Ask me how I know!
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford
        Oh no!!! Now you have done it! Trust me, you will be cleaning ALL the time now! Ask me how I know!
        Yup....Looks like I've done it now

On a serious note...Would it be a good idea to use car shampoo about once a week on the stall?

Seems like anything else would be too strong and remove the wax protection.
        r. b.

Comment

I tried NXT on my shower doors it only was able to bead water for a day. How is the colorX wax holding up? If I could get something to slow down the hard water scum It'd be worth applying once every week or so. I'm also looking for this effect in my brushed chrome sink, but nothing I've tried there as of yet works very well either. Any suggestions?
          Later,
          Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
          Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Hi Rick,

As you probably already know, NXT sheets more than it beads. Therefore, it is probably working just fine. If you have ever tried to clean an applicator pad that has had NXT on it, you know how hard it is to get it out of the pad. It is very detergent resistant, IMHO.

I like to use the ColorX as its cleaners cut through the scum, leaving a very glossy surface!

Tim

Comment

Good work everyone.

I also wax my shower with ColorX, but by hand.

Eric
              Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

Originally posted by Rick
                I tried NXT on my shower doors it only was able to bead water for a day. How is the colorX wax holding up? If I could get something to slow down the hard water scum It'd be worth applying once every week or so. I'm also looking for this effect in my brushed chrome sink, but nothing I've tried there as of yet works very well either. Any suggestions?
                ColorX seems to be holding up well after 10 days or so, but I have soft water too.

Yesterday, I washed the whole stall with Gold Class shampoo diluted to the proper level and I think it cleaned up a lot of the scum.
                r. b.

Comment

Re: Polished Corian counter tops

Originally posted by 2hotford View Post
                  Hi Rick,

As you probably already know, NXT sheets more than it beads. Therefore, it is probably working just fine. If you have ever tried to clean an applicator pad that has had NXT on it, you know how hard it is to get it out of the pad. It is very detergent resistant, IMHO.

I like to use the ColorX as its cleaners cut through the scum, leaving a very glossy surface!

Tim
                  Tim, on the shower stall discussion....we have a shower stall that was put in by Bath Fitters...their products are a high quality acrylic...between the shower doors and the walls, I was thinking of doing the G100 and ColorX ...I'm assuming that acrylic is ok to be polished ???...it's not in bad shape, just would like to get them new looking again...and they are white walls...nothing to do in the 6 degree weather...
                  Bill Poirier
                  West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Bill, I can not answer specifically about your shower. Heres what I did. In our complex, we have hard water and acrylic walls over the tub. A while back I read on the forum about someone using the A-12 cleaner wax on his shower walls. I tried it and it worked great, Now about every 6 weeks I have to hit them again. Being that the color-x is stronger then the A-12 I would think it would probably work real well.

Do a test spot and see what happens? Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

John
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by TKDDAD View Post
                      Tim, on the shower stall discussion....we have a shower stall that was put in by Bath Fitters...their products are a high quality acrylic...between the shower doors and the walls, I was thinking of doing the G100 and ColorX ...I'm assuming that acrylic is ok to be polished ???...it's not in bad shape, just would like to get them new looking again...and they are white walls...nothing to do in the 6 degree weather...
                      Hey Bill,

I can not say for sure about your shower, but I always use ColorX in mine and it keeps it looking awesome. Heck, I have used the rotary on mine and it came out like a mirror! But I would suggest asking the dealer what they suggest for cleaning it, just in case...

Tim

Comment

OK so don't laugh too hard, but my husband cleans the fiberglass shower with the same acid he uses to clean wheels. I was aghast at first, but he hasn't died and it does clean the hard water etching. next thing you know I'll be in there with the PC and 66!

Comment

Can anything restore gloss back to badly scratched porcelain kitchen sink? Or the vitreous coating is now just gone? There are some touch up products but those are for filling the gauges and they will not endure the sink abuse.

- Vikas

Comment

this is the most enlighten thread i ever read in the whole MOL
                            you should be given an award for this

keep up the good work you all detailers there, the truth is out there....yes when u start to rotary everything
                            it only takes a little patience and plenty of PASSION!!

detailing blog

http://thedetailers.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by sontakke View Post
                              Can anything restore gloss back to badly scratched porcelain kitchen sink? Or the vitreous coating is now just gone? There are some touch up products but those are for filling the gauges and they will not endure the sink abuse.

- Vikas
                              Probably not. A wax will shine it temporarily, but that is not usually a surface you can really remove scratches from for a permanent gloss.
                              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Hey Rick- You spoke in a shorthand that many seemed to understand but can you explain step by step please. I have a Corian counter that has some scratches and is dull.
                                What do you mean by fine cut cleaner (????) on a cutting pad (????)...
                                The DACP (????) did the most, it made it glossy again. I followed it up with a coat of #26 (???)
                                Lastly what Meguiar product did you use? And did it give a gloss or matte finish? I'd appreciate you taking the time to clarify....

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');