• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polished Corian counter tops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polished Corian counter tops

Polishing Corian Counter Tops

So the other day I was in the kitchen getting a snack and I noticed how neglected our 4 year old Corian counter tops were becomming. Well... Meguiar's to the rescue.

I started out with fine cut cleaner on a cutting pad, which cut down some of the slight scratches and a few rough areas. The DACP did the most, it made it glossy again. I followed it up with a coat of #26 using my PC just for added shine. Now the counter tops look brand new again!
    Later,
    Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
    Auto Detailing Solutions

They look real good, it will be interesting to see how it holds up. You know I was thinking about using some NXT on my bathroom counter top its not Corian but it use to shine like what you have pictured Looks like I might give it a try seeing you had good results! It seems there is always another use for meguiars products.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

There needs to be some type of Award for things like this...

Then perhaps some therapy

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Haha Mike. I was actually planning on doing an "Extreme Counter top Makeover" post but the pictures really didn't come out right for it.

Still, they say you can even sand and buff corian too, I might try that next time.
        Later,
        Ricky

Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Great job Rick! The countertops look EXCELLENT!
          -The Final Detail-
          Lagrange, Kentucky
          thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
          CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Looks great!!

Now that the kitchen is done, time to move onto the fiberglass shower surround!! The rotary with #83 DACP works really well there as well!!

Tim
            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Re: Polished Corian counter tops

Originally posted by Rick
              So the other day I was in the kitchen getting a snack and I noticed how neglected our 4 year old Corian counter tops were becomming. Well... Meguiar's to the rescue.

I started out with fine cut cleaner on a cutting pad, which cut down some of the slight scratches and a few rough areas. The DACP did the most, it made it glossy again. I followed it up with a coat of #26 using my PC just for added shine. Now the counter tops look brand new again!
              What! No Claying?!
              r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford
                Looks great!!

Now that the kitchen is done, time to move onto the fiberglass shower surround!!
                PLease make sure the waters off!

looks like I have something new to give my neighbors something to talk about, they always wonder why I wash the cars so much....now they walk by our kitchen window and there I am with my dewalt.
                2019 GMC Sierra
                1500 AT4

Comment

Originally posted by 2000
                  PLease make sure the waters off!

looks like I have something new to give my neighbors something to talk about, they always wonder why I wash the cars so much....now they walk by our kitchen window and there I am with my dewalt.
                  I'm known as the man that washes his car all the time!

I guess they think we're supposed to drive dirty cars?
                  r. b.

Comment

My wife has been complaining about our 10 year old corian for years. Too dull she says. I want granite she says. Rick, not only can I now justify buying a PC, but you may have saved me THOUSANDS! (OK Mike, where's that PC special?)
                    TwoTooBlack

Because one black car just wasn't enough . . .

Comment

I mistakenly showed my wife this thread.
                      Looks like I have just given myself a new job in the kitchen

Comment

LOL, I thought about waxing our kitchen counters (ours were a horrid orange when we bought the house. Instead of replacing them, we painted them. Quick cheap way to go from orange to blue in one afternoon!). Now I don't feel so crazy, thanx!!

Comment

Originally posted by TwoTooBlack
                          My wife has been complaining about our 10 year old corian for years. Too dull she says. I want granite she says. Rick, not only can I now justify buying a PC, but you may have saved me THOUSANDS! (OK Mike, where's that PC special?)

Well, actually corian's pretty hard, you'll probably need a rotary. I used the PC for the final waxing, but I don't know how much you could get done with just the pc. But... what you do is use that to justify the PC, then if it doesn't work if you don't have a rotary it justifies buying one of those too . And if your wife complains just remind her the cost of new counter tops.
                          Later,
                          Ricky

Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

LOOK THE LAST THING i AM DOING IS THE KITCHEN TOPS. You know when I get home this is the last thing I will show my fiance she already gives me enough grief about not cleaning her mini van ... Some of you have too much time on your hands ...
                            Bill Orlando

Comment

Hey Rick,

How's the counter holding up?

Mike
                              Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                              X