• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with gum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with gum

Looking for suggestions to remove gum from the painted underside a car's exterior.

TIA
    I'm crafty, but not good at crafts.

Re: Need help with gum

I would try a pressure washer, and if that doesn't work, try freezing the gum and breaking it off, or shattering it.

Comment

I'll try some ice cubes to freeze then remove. Thanks!!

Comment

If those don't get the gum cold enough, you could try dry ice or try compressed air. Shake the can, then turn it upside down, using the straw to guide the very cold liquid to the gum.
        The cans go for 5-8 dollars or so and can be used for many things. Here is a picture.

Comment

Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by GhOsT1321 View Post
            If those don't get the gum cold enough, you could try dry ice or try compressed air. Shake the can, then turn it upside down, using the straw to guide the very cold liquid to the gum.
            The cans go for 5-8 dollars or so and can be used for many things. Here is a picture.
            http://www.walmart.com/ip/Innovera-C...ndingMethod=rr
            Even better. Yeah, I have some I use to blow out electronics and stuff.

Thanks.

Comment

goofoff, tar remover, body solvent, orange cleaner, actull gum remover, check your local janatorial supply store.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Brake cleaner does wonders. I use the noncloronated one on gum and paint transfers also.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');