• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G110v2 Issue Am i stupid or it's defect ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G110v2 Issue Am i stupid or it's defect ?

Ok i'm kinda new to detailling ( alway's used Elbow Grease ).

So i ordered a Meg's DA (G110v2) and today i finaly had some time and tried it for the first time. Needless to say i was very exited about it. But it turned out to be a total nightmare. I was NEVER i really mean it, Never able to use it.

Every time i tried to apply some pressure to the pad the DA would stop it's rotation completly ( i had to turn it off for 3-4 sec or it wouldn't start again ) So i wen't to my computer and google'd it and i found a post where a meg's rep. said it needed to be flat to the surface or it would stop it's rotation. ( some kind of noob Protection i guess)

So i went outside to give it another go and had no succes with it, as soon i start moving the DA it stoped, as soon i applied some pressure it stoped ( speed 5 ) I'm hearing a weird Clinging noise!!?!?!?!?!

Am i stupid? Or is it possible to be a defect G110v2 ?

It's not like a gave up after 10 min i tried for 2hour and even asked a friend of mine to check if i was Flat to the surface ( and he say i was )

I watched a lot of video on the internet of ppl using the g11v2 even with 1 hand and never saw one stop like mine is.

p.s Sorry for the poor english im french Canadian!

Re: G110v2 Issue Am i stupid or it's defect ?

How much pressure were you using? I highly doubt it was defective right out of the box. Try turning it on without pushing it against your vehicle. See if you hear any noise then. Try pushing just your hand against it while it is spinning at a low speed and see if it stops or makes the noise.
    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
    Andy M. Moderator

Comment

I had the exact same experience with my new DA. I returned it for a replacement; the replacement works perfectly (so far, fingers crossed).
      2016 Acura ILX

Comment

The DA will stop even using NO PRESSURE at all

It actualy completly shut off, i have to put it on off position and wait for like 5 sec before it will start again, I have watched many online video and mine is defenetly Broken.

The huge problem i have right now is i bought it from USA and im canadian O.o im pretty screwed i guess. Would like to hear from a meg's rep if posible !!

Thx for answering guys.

Comment

Give customer care a call Monday...1-800-347-5700. I think those are free call to/from Canada.

It does sound like you have an 'opps' machine...

Bill

Comment

'opps' !?

Comment

You bought it from somebody; contact them. If the seller doesn't respond then try Meguiar's.
              2016 Acura ILX

Comment

I bought it from ADS and they clearly state to contact meguiar's and not them, i'm just unsure if i must contact Meg's canada or usa.

Comment

it's broken, get a new one. Contact Meg's Canada

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Thank You i will, i just hope meg's costumer services is good in canada. Guess i will find out.

Comment

Meg's is a great company. I'm sure they'll ship you out a new one Monday. If they don't I'll send you a new one myself!

DetailingByM.com

Comment

I just bought one of these yesterday and had some issues. It's not clear in the instructions. did you put the little plastic washer between the the backing plate and the buffer? Darn thing looks like an pop-out from manufacturing. It spaces the backing plate off the machine so the backing plate screws don't lock on the counterweight. Clicking sound could be the screws scraping on the counterweight. Mine was heating up badly because it couldn't freely.

Once I put the washer in it was like a new machine. Amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by karl240 View Post
                          I just bought one of these yesterday and had some issues. It's not clear in the instructions. did you put the little plastic washer between the the backing plate and the buffer? Darn thing looks like an pop-out from manufacturing. It spaces the backing plate off the machine so the backing plate screws don't lock on the counterweight. Clicking sound could be the screws scraping on the counterweight. Mine was heating up badly because it couldn't freely.

Once I put the washer in it was like a new machine. Amazing.
                          I should read better, this happend to me yesterday as I was changing between 3" and 5" pads yesterday. So the washer might be the problem and not the actual mech.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

I readed the whole instruction and they never mentioned anothing about the washer, i will try it out 2morow and will let you know!

Comment

I have removed the backing plate and noticed that the rivet are hitting the counterweight, so i guess we found the problem, i didint try it out because it's almost 9p.m but i will tomorow.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');