• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help with damp sanding clear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with damp sanding clear

I have started damp sanding my 2 week old clear. I first damp sand it flat with the megs backing pad and the megs interface pad with the 1500 sanding discs.
    I then switch to megs 3000 grit finishing discs and damp sand. It then cut and buffs like a dream and looks great.
    However if you look very close with your eye 10" away you can see thousands of light half moon sanding scatches.
    Should I try using the 3000 grit finishing discs without the interface pad? ie.. attach the 3000 finishing disc directly to the backing pad?
    Any other ideas?

Re: help with damp sanding clear

Originally posted by adrynalinjunkie View Post
    However if you look very close with your eye 10" away you can see thousands of light half moon sanding scatches
    Are you able to take a photo of this?
    Rupes 21 / Flex 3401 / G110v2 / GG3"
    Thoryamaha919 AKA Evan
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Comment

Re: help with damp sanding clear

What yiu are seeing is the sanding marks keft behind from the 1500 more likely then the 3000. If you have enough clear coat on the vehicle I would go over it again with the 3000. Or you use a coarser or more abrasive compound with a wool pad , followed up with black foam pad and u/p .

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');