• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orbital Buffer for polishing glass..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orbital Buffer for polishing glass..

I did some searching on here and found out a good bit about cleaning glass.

I was wondering, after I wash the glass and clay it what can I use with my wally world buffer to get it clean, would Deep crystal cleaner work?

Also with the buffer I have a wool pad that I have never used, is there anything I could use this pad for or is it to aggresive?

Re: Orbital Buffer for polishing glass..

Originally posted by 99GrandTouring
    I did some searching on here and found out a good bit about cleaning glass.

I was wondering, after I wash the glass and clay it what can I use with my wally world buffer to get it clean, would Deep crystal cleaner work?
    No.

Also with the buffer I have a wool pad that I have never used, is there anything I could use this pad for or is it to aggressive?
    Maybe removing heavy oxidation from an old single stage finish before using a more gentle bonnet to polish.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Well I've been using invisible glass and it doesn't seem to clean them as good as possible, now i've never clayed the glass so I'm doing that this detail time but I was wondering is there any product I could use via hand or with the random orbital to "deep clean" the glass? a polish type product?

Thanks!

Comment

Have you found this post yet?

Rainx use to make a glass polish called "Glass Care 2000" and it worked VERY well! They have since quit making it, bummer! Using the products (#4) in the post above worked quite well for me.

I agree with the IG sometimes it just won't do the job.
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

There is a glass polish by Autoglym sold at CMA. Also I saw a new cleaner called Glass Scrub at the local Kragen parts store. I personally use any chrome polish and it works for me.
          Eddie

Comment

I had seen it but missed where it said you could use it by hand as well... Thanks!

Now are these products actually abrading the glass or just cleaning it? How hard is glass??

I'm also looking for something to clean the inside, I just removed all my tint (was on the car when I got it and was purple) just pulled the tint off and used simple green to dissolve the glue and scrape it off with a plastic scraper.

My question is this, would claying the interior glass be ok for removing all traces of the old tint? I want it to be perfectly clean before I get it re-tinted...

Thanks guys!
            Its greatly appreciated!

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');