• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Honda paint correction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Honda paint correction

Hey guys,

New to the forum and detailing in general.

I have a 2012 Honda with crystal black pearl paint. Unfortunately after stone chips from highway driving and dealer installed swirl option and holograms, I am now very aware of how very soft the paint and clear coat on my car. I'd like to attempt to perform paint correction on my car and I am looking at a PC and the microfiber DA correction system. Will this work for my car or should I be looking at M105/205? I must admit that the microfiber system looks good due to coming with the correct pads. With the 105/205 I will have to figure out what pads to use. Please let me know what you all have experienced with these products on the Honda paint especially the black metallic.

Thanks in advance!
    M

Re: 2012 Honda paint correction

There are many choices even on the consumer level. First, do a test spot and start with the mildest paint cleaner or cleaner/polish. The microfiber system may be a bit too aggressive for your paint, so I'd start with swirlX using foam polishing pad (the yellow softbuff one) again do a test spot, if the swirls are removed and the results are marr free, you can follow up with a pure polish (deep crystal pure polish or M07) or a cleaner polish (ultimate polish) to really add depth to the paint. If the swirls aren't removed, you can move up to ultimate compound then ultimate polish then wax/sealant.

Maybe this can help: The Challenge of Delicate Paint

Comment

Originally posted by ffboy View Post
      Maybe this can help: The Challenge of Delicate Paint
      Thanks! GREAT read!!!

Anyone have examples of product that has worked on Honda paint in crystal black pearl on a DA???

Comment

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?55439-2012-Honda-Fit-Crystal-Black-Pearl-AIO-choices

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
        "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

I can recomend 205 on a yellow pad.
          gentle enough so you won't damage your car being a first timer.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Originally posted by Please Wash Me Detailing View Post
            I can recomend 205 on a yellow pad.
            gentle enough so you won't damage your car being a first timer.
            Thanks!!!

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');