• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguair's Drying towel leaves scratches/spyderweb.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Meguair's Drying towel leaves scratches/spyderweb.

Originally posted by kenji815 View Post
    either your paint is extremely soft or there is dirt on the towel. other than that there is no way a microfiber towel would mar up paint like that.
    To tell you the truth, that towel is like super hard, it is not soft at all, and doesn't look like microfiber towel.

I used other off brand microfiber towel that's a lot softer and here's what I got

There were no scratches after I washed it, I checked it. They appeared after I wiped the car off.
    I wasn't pressing too hard and you can see some really really tiny scratches from towel. I guess clear coat on my car is just super soft
    Slava

SK Auto Detailing
    http://skautodetailing.com

Comment

Originally posted by turbo_911 View Post
      I decided to give a try to Meguiar's Water magnet drying towel, and to tell you the truth, at first I liked it but then not really. Once it gets wet, it doesn't absorb water and leaves streaks.
      This water magnet is one of the worst products by Meguiars...I bought two of them a while back based on all the ranting about how great they are...I used it once and it was terrible. I threw them both in the trash at the local car wash and went back to the absorber. That product is quality!

Comment

Does anyone besides me use cotton? I have been using plush cotton bath towels for drying for many years, never have had a problem.
        ​Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Sandiegonick View Post
          Does anyone besides me use cotton? I have been using plush cotton bath towels for drying for many years, never have had a problem.
          I use big microfiber towels...along with the absorber for my drying purposes.

Comment

What do you think about Uber towels? Also what kind of absorber do you use?
            Slava

SK Auto Detailing
            http://skautodetailing.com

Comment

Oh man, I ordered a Water Magnet on the Bay [should arrive tomorrow]for a co worker who just got his car re painted and was looking to keep it swirl free from here on out.

I use a different waffle weave but the seller is currently sold out of the 1 I use.

I've never tried it myself, but I figured the Water Magnet was a foolproof towel to recommend.. But reading this thread has me worried a bit. I don't want to be the guy who gave bad advice to a friend and be responsible for the towel I said would be perfect causing swirls on his paint >.>

Comment

I reckon he'll be fine.

It's more about the technique than the towel anyway.
                Originally posted by Blueline
                I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Yeah... Mine too...

and after using different ww towel..
                  It's no leaving scratches...

Where is the meguiars chamois ?? Is it discontinue?

Comment

Not as far as I know...
                    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Question I have is how do you Wash the paint? What products and what materials as well as what process do you use?

Comment

Originally posted by ARodriguez View Post
                        Question I have is how do you Wash the paint? What products and what materials as well as what process do you use?
                        Do a search for "Mike Philips two bucket method"

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');