• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polymer Sealant #20 vs the Synthetic Sealer 2.0 vs Ultimate Paste Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polymer Sealant #20 vs the Synthetic Sealer 2.0 vs Ultimate Paste Wax

Hello,

I'm new to the forums and to detailing in general so my apologies for the basic questions.

I'm looking for both the best protection and highest gloss between Polymer Sealant #20 vs the Synthetic Sealer 2.0 vs Ultimate Paste Wax.

I'll be using the New Car Glaze in addition to whichever of the above is the best.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: Polymer Sealant #20 vs the Synthetic Sealer 2.0 vs Ultimate Paste Wax

Ult. Wax would be the best protecting.

Highest gloss is a bit subjective, but might lean towards the #21.

Is the New Car Glaze the only product you were thinking of for prep work? You may prefer to look at a cleaner/polish like Ult. Polish, to get a little more cleaning ability.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Welcome!

If by "best protection" you mean "most duarble" or "longest lasting", then that would be Ultimate Wax.

As for looks, that's very subjective. Different people prefer the look of different waxes/sealants and most can't even tell the difference! UW does give a deep, wet, reflective look and has a darkening effect - especially on darker colors.
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

lol Murr beat me to it!
        Originally posted by Blueline
        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

I am open to any combo of products besides New Car Glaze. By Ult. Polish I am taking it you mean the Mirror Glaze 205 Professional Ultra Finishing Polish?

Any other suggestions?

Comment

No, the Ultimate Polish is in the Consumer Line. Ult. Polish and #205 are closely related, you would do well with either.

A "complete" detail would look something like:

1. Wash
            2. Clay - Smooth Surface Clay kit
            3. Clean/Polish
            4. Wax
            5. Wax - 2 thin coats is best
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');