• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheel Brightener Question??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Brightener Question??

I would like to step up to a professional product

I was planning on using an empty 24oz bottle of All wheel Cleaner.

I would like to make the ratio as strong as the "all wheel cleaner. I have factory aluminum wheels.

Thanks

Re: Wheel Brightener Question??

So what is the question?

Comment

Trying to figure out how to dilute the Wheel Brightener Professional.. Autogeek states that" you can get sixteen 32 ounce bottles of wheel cleaner out of one gallon of Wheel Brightener!"

I think I figured it out. I'm suppose to use a 4:1 ratio. so I did my math in oz based on 24oz. Not exact, but pretty close.

Water Wheel Brightener Solution
      4oz 1oz
      4oz 1oz
      4oz 1oz
      4oz 1oz
      Water Solution
      Total= 2 Cups 1/2 cup with 4 oz to spare.

Comment

But your still 4oz short

Comment

forgot to mention that I keep my factory allow wheels maintained. So I wonder If I can do 10:1 ratio

2 Cups of Water and 1/4 cup of solution.. I'm Still reading up on this stuff. Has anyone found a ratio that works for them. If you properly maintain your wheels?

Comment

10:1 would be ok.

But I think another question would be if your wheels are well maintained, do you even need that?

Maybe a good cleaning, then a coat of Brake Dust Barrier every so often, and just using car wash soap would work.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I agree. My wheels are well maintained and I've never used a wheel cleaner on them. Just car wash soap while I'm washing the rest of the car...
              Originally posted by Blueline
              I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

go to home depot and buy a $3 spray bottle. it has dilution ratios built in on the side...why do all this math? lol

Comment

^ $3?? i saw spray bottles at a local dollar store that had dilutions on the side yea why do all this math!!
                  "STRIFE" aka Phil
                  2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
                  2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
                  2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

WB is for baked on caked on. For well maintained wheels regular soap and water will do just fine, then a wipe down with some detail spray or spray wax and your good to go.

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
                    "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

Thanks for the assistance gang. I downloaded a Dilution chart. Came pretty close to the right answer.

based on a 4:1 dilution ratio

24oz bottle =4.75 rounded to 5oz= 1/2 cup and 2 Tablespoons

32oz or 6qt bottle=6.50 oz 1/2 cup and 5 Tablespoons

Can make approximately 25 Twenty-four oz bottles

Comment

Originally posted by STRIFE View Post
                        ^ $3?? i saw spray bottles at a local dollar store that had dilutions on the side yea why do all this math!!
                        Let me know how that goes when the spray trigger goes bust after a day......perhaps your dollar stores in Canada sells better products than here in America where they sell all the garbage at dollar stores.

Everytime I buy a new bottle of UQD, I always just pour it into a Home Depot bottle. I've had my HD bottle for probably 2 years and I pretty much spray the car down daily.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');