• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help- Ultimate Wax Won't Come Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help- Ultimate Wax Won't Come Off

Hi All-

Great forum here.

So last night I washed, clayed, cleaner waxed (because I had it laying around), and Ultimate liquid waxed our Acura MDX, black in color.

All in all it went well until the Ultimate wax. I way over applied not realizing it won't crust up like a traditional carnuba. Now I've got what look like smears, it's really wax oils, all over the damn place. I think they're gone and then the light shifts and there they are again.

Am I safe to assume that a car wash or two will remedy this problem?

Re: Help- Ultimate Wax Won't Come Off

Try a small test spot and some more wax. Applied lightly. Like removes like. If not maybe claying will help.

Andy
    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
    Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Geeze I'd hate to reclay the entire again.

Thanks for your reply. I like the removal process of the good old carnuba type wax much better.

Comment

Oh and Welcome to MOL!!!
        Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
        Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Certainly nothing wrong with waiting and washing, there isnt going to be any damage or anything.

You can also try using a wet towel, then a dry towel to remove.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I had this issue with ULW after hitting my '96 GT with UP. That was last year and I don't really remember what came of that but I think I did pretty well just using either Ult. spray wax or UQD and buffing by hand with a soft MF.
            2011 F150 5.0L 4x4

Comment

I washed dried it, let it sit overnight and first thing gave it another go. Here's some tips that might help others:

Searching and reading kept leading my back to the same thing, use less. Less is better. Then, this video: http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...-with-a-G110v2

I used less than an ounce.

Micro fiber towels. The extra soft ones did not work as well even on the 3rd final wipe. The standard MF are better

On 1st initial wipe make two passes using very small circular motions. Super small circular being key. Larger circular motions didn't remove the wax nearly as well. After the 2 pass initial wipe immediately do a 3 rd pass with a fresh MF towel.

Fresh towels help a lot

As someone else stated. Don't wax the entire car and the wipe. Wax, wait 3-5 minutes and wipe. I started with the hood, set the timer on my watch and at 5 minutes wiped the hood. By that time I had one entire side of our MDX coated in wax. I wiped the hood as described above which took 5-6 minutes. I then started the wiping the side. So I had the hood and one side done before I had wax applied to the back and other side.

The entire process including final wipe took 58 minutes. Wax was applied with a wax spreader and terry cloth bonnet.

Much better results this time around. The car simply looks awesome and we're seeing the blue flake we haven't seen in a long time. A definite different kind of shine, but we're happy with it. That combined with the fact you can apply in sun, it won't stain trim, and if applied right the bottle will last a longtime and we'll keep using it.

In between the plan waxes/paint care days we plan to wash with Gold Class and dry with the Quick Wax product that can be applied while wet or dry. Any problems with that plan??

Thanks for the info. Hopefully I can help someone out with my two experiences in this post. If someone can add to my positives based on their own experience than great!!
              Last edited by Markus Kleis; Aug 3, 2012, 02:01 AM. Reason: Family friendly language

Comment

Sounds good.
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

quick detailer should do the trick.. with quality microfiber towels..

Comment

The first application of ULW on my 2011 F150 left a haze the following morning. I hit it with a quality MF and Meg's Quick Detailer (red bottle) and it really popped. I now use ULW exclusively on my 1994 Ford F150 Lightning with Oxford White Clearcoat paint. I find that hand application of ULW work's best.

Comment

I had better results with Ultimate Wax using a G110. It applied it thin enough to where it was easier to buff off. Last time I used it, I used it in sun, and it actually seemed easier to buff off.
                      2011 Ford Mustang GT Cali Special
                      2012 Kia Sorento EX

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');