• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HD vs WBD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD vs WBD

Am trying to decide on what to get. Meguiars D17001 Hyper Dressing or Meguiars D17101 Water Based Dressing. Witch one is better for exterior and interior?

Re: HD vs WBD

I never tried HD, but I like WBD on the interior and engine. For exterior and tires I like ASD. WBD shine and gloss can be adjusted with adding water to dilute. I used it full strength on a neglected interior that was dull and dried out and it made it look brand new. A little shiny at first but I buffed it down and it looked great, even made the fake wood and window switches look brand new again.

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
    "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

Ok thank you will try it.

Comment

I would only use HD on the exterior but it's great stuff and I use it regularly on tires, wheel wells, and trim. Not the longest lasting for trim but still a good option. The WBD is better for interior if you like dressings and also great for engine bays too...smells awesome BTW!

Both can be diluted to your taste in gloss.
        Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

I thought WBD was just a pre-mixed/diluted version of HD?

Comment

Originally posted by styles View Post
            I thought WBD was just a pre-mixed/diluted version of HD?
            Nope, WBD can be diluted too. At full strength it will leave a high gloss shine, so I cut it down. I have used it on worn dried out interiors at full strength to bring some life back and then buffed it down with a MF towel.

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
            "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

I meant aren't they the same basic product just at a premixed dilution for WBD?

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');