• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tire cleaner, Wesley's Bleach White, Degreaser, Bleach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire cleaner, Wesley's Bleach White, Degreaser, Bleach?

Just wondering what most people use as a tire cleaner. I mainly use wesley's but i am not dedicated to it if someone has some pros and cons for something else. thought i might use my citrus degreaser but i think it says not to use on rubber.

Re: Tire cleaner, Wesley's Bleach White, Degreaser, Bleach?

I use Hot Rims All Wheel & Tire Cleaner. I just give the tire a few sprays, work it in with a brush, then rinse. This stuff effortlessly loosens dirt and grime form the tires and leaves them clean. The only con I could see is that it's acidic, so don't let it sit on a surface longer than recommended.

Comment

I use APC+ on my tires, 4:1 for the first few times, but have switched to 10:1...but since I wash & clean often...I can get away with plain ole car wash like GC.
      I also used Super Degreaser at 10:1 on my tires, works great as well.
      Tires on all 3 of my vehicles look brand new, and both APC+ & SD are very cheap and economical to use
      "STRIFE" aka Phil
      2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
      2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
      2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

APC for me, usually around 8:1 or so, and a brush.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

If I need to really clean tires, not just the normal wash cycle cleaning, I use Westley's.

The stuff just plain works. But I am curious if it is/has changed. The bottles now say "Black Magic," seems the name has been sold.

Bill

Comment

I love Westley's Bleche-Wyte, I think its the best product for dirty tires and tires with white walls/stripes, however I still do use Super D-Greaser and APC+ on some tires that are less soiled. Generally I save Westley's for cars with heavy blooming or white parts.
            James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
            Calais Auto Detailing
            CalaisDetails@aim.com
            www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

I always used Westley's Bleche-Wyte, and it does a very good job on tires and white walls. I went to purchase some and the salesman at the autoparts store said they had a special on Blue Majic Supreme Tire and Wheel Cleaner. So I tried it and am quite satisfied with it.

Comment

Like a few others, I use APC+ (at about 7:1) for regular tires, but when I get a customer with dirty tires I use liquid comet w/bleach. I tried it once at my parents when washing my car as I didn't have any of my regular stuff and I loved the outcome. It gets them very clean, just don't let it dry on the tire - it also works especially well on whitewalls too.

The fact that I can a gallon of it for $20 also helps a ton for the business.
                Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

Greased Lightening 1:1.
                  Nick
                  Tucker's Detailing Services
                  815-954-0773
                  2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Wesley's has my vote been using for over 10 years on multiple wheels and works excellent

Comment

I used to use Bleach White back in the days when I had an 82' Eldorado with white walls. Stuff used to work great.. Currently I use D108 @4:1.

Comment

This. It doesn't take much and a little scrubbing and the tires are CLEAN.

Don
                        12/27/2015
                        "Darth Camaro"
                        2013 Camaro ... triple black
                        323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Super Degreaser @ 4:1 and a scrub brush if they've seen any type of non-water based tire dressing in the past... Most cheap tire dressings are spray on silicone...

From then afterwards APC 10:1 or 4:1 depending on how dirty they are, will be fine.

I like to use the water based Hyper Dressing as the tire dressing... Doesn't stick around afer driving thru a shower, but looks the best as you can dial it in from a matt sheen to glossy shine..

Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');