• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shade suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shade suggestions

I am currently in a bad situation for my car. Since im at college now, I have limited options for shade to do any type of wax job. Thankfully not in the dorms still but have a duplex with a hose connection (YES!). But i dont have a garage of any sort or shade tree =(. I need any suggestions for some type of shade that i can put up and take down at a fairly inexpensive price. It doesnt have to be fancy, all i need is shade. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Hey,

You could purchase an 10'x10' EZ-up Canopy. You have the option of using the side panels as well or just using the canopy. You used to be able to buy it at Costco.

I hope this helps!

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

approximately how much did these cost?

EDIT: After slight browsing at major businesses, i came up with this. Do you think this would be enough shade?

or would i be better off with:

Bear with me, im on a budget =P
      Last edited by defectiveAggie; Apr 9, 2005, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Hey,

Your second choice is an EZ-Up brand canopy and is the better choice, IMHO. You want one that does not require assembling with tools. With the EZ up you pull the legs apart after resting the canopy material on it and it just pops open. Then attach a couple of velcro straps and you are on your way!

Tim

Comment

Would it be able to be stored in a hallway closet or something? Just wondering if the fold down size is small enough for that because i am limited on storage space as well. Thanks 2hotford for your very quick replies

Comment

they usually fold down into something about 8x8x36" depending on the size you get, but they do fold down quite a bit for easy storage.

Comment

Hey,

My EZ-up 10'x10' rails etc fit into a bag that is ~5' high x 14"x14". I stick the canopy and side material into a hockey bag. It really is surprising how small of bag it all fits into!!!

Tim

Comment

Pep Boys has a 12'x12' for $79 until May

-Shaun
                Superior Detailing - For All Your Auto Reconditioning Needs.
                Metro Detroit

Comment

that is something to consider but seeing how we dont have a pep boys here, i'd have to rely on someone to get the right one for me in san antonio, which could be a big hassle knowing my family lol..

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun Carollo
                    Pep Boys has a 12'x12' for $79 until May

-Shaun
                    I saw that the other week. I think I am going to pick one up.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');