• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we have a tire dressing for bikes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we have a tire dressing for bikes?

Currently we have no tire dressing for use on 2-wheel vehicles.
    It is because tire dressing is slick so they cant be used on contact surface btwn road and tires, so most bikes cant use a dressing.
    However I would like to c if Meguiars can develop a tire dressing for bike? I believe this product can also be used on tire surface so we can dress the whole tire, not only a shiny black tire wall but brown tire surface on 4 wheel cars.
    What do u tk?
    Dennis
    Nissan Fuga | 日產 風雅 | 日産 フーガ

Re: Can we have a tire dressing for bikes?

Even low gloss, less slick type stuff often gets slick if wet.

A good cleaning is probably about all you will be able to do. And really no reason to dress the treads, unless at a show.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I have used supreme shine protectant to shine a bicycle tire once. It was mostly for curiosity on how the protectant would work on rubber. It shined it up nicely, but the bike was not used, so I cannot comment on the durability.

Comment

I've detailed a bike with tire shine before. Just don't get on contact area.

Comment

You want a safe dressing for the actual tire tread? aaa, no, no, no. Don't do that.
          If this is a show bike then you can use what ever you want BUT you have to clean it off before you ride.
          You can put anything on the sidewalls.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');