• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mirror Glaze Synthetic Sealant 2.0 vs Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirror Glaze Synthetic Sealant 2.0 vs Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax

Are there any differences between them

Re: Mirror Glaze Synthetic Sealant 2.0 vs Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax

Yes.

Comment

M21 synthetic sealant is a traditional type of wax (or sealant for that matter). It has a very viscous liquid form where you use a foam pad to apply the product onto the paint. You let this product haze before removing it. On the other hand, Synthetic X-press Spray Wax is a spray wax. The consistency of this product is like water. You just spray this product onto the paint and wipe it off. It's that easy.
      2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Ok thank you.
        I am opening up a auto detailing company and I am looking for the best products to use. What type of wax is best for me to use out of these two or you can recommend something else.

Comment

There are a lot of different types of waxes available. What are you trying to achieve for your customers? Are you going to offer a multi-step concours level of detailing? Or do you just want to work on the car with the least amount of time?

Comment

I am offering a full detail. Wash,Polish and Wax

Comment

But i just dont know what wax to use.

Comment

D151 would allow you to combine the polish and waxing step.

D300/D301 combo would allow a significant amount of correction in two steps.

M21 is the most durable sealant Megs offers, and is incredibly easy to use and affordable.

Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax is not nearly as durable as M21, but allows you to wax a car in a matter of minutes with no wait time. You can even use it while the car is wet. It makes a great wax-booster or wash-n-wax product.

M20 is also a great product, but has cleaners in it.

Comment

I think the D151 would save more time and I can use the M21 or the Synthetic X-press Spray Wax for extra protection. What do you think?

Comment

There are 2 kinds of waxes/sealants. There's a cleaner-wax and a finishing wax.

Cleaner waxes/sealants have cleaning abilities in them. They clean and seal the paint at the same time. It removes very light swirls and oxidation. Products include:

Finishing waxes/sealants don't have any cleaning ability in them. The paint should be polished out before applying this type of LSP. The main purpose of this product is to protect the paint, nothing else. They're also known as a beauty wax. Products include:

So it really depends what type of detail you're doing and what type of results you're trying to achieve.

Comment

what is the best way to keep a wet look on a 2006 lamborghini that will be keeped indoors it is rosso vik color (red)

thank-you
                      timmyie

Comment

I would think just like with most other businesses you want to have a marketing plan. Have say 3 levels of detail. You want your price leader which is going to be a pretty quick job for you...and intermediate and a premium. I don't know your market but you want to make sure your entry level detail is price competitive to get customers in...then have the other 2 levels to increase your profits. It depends on your market...obviously if you have a lot of high end customers then price isn't going to be an issue...just some food for thought...

Comment

You might also consider Meguiar's Synthetic X-Press Wax, not to be confused with the Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax. This is a very nice speed wax, ideal for high volume, low cost situations. If you apply with a DA you can get excellent coverage. It leaves a wet, highly reflective looking shine and solid durability. I'd suggest it is like their UW (has their hydrophobic polymers) but in their detailer line. No staining of trim and it covers everything from chrome/ss, and glass to textured vinyl meaning you don't need a dedicated vinyl trim product. Works great in direct sunlight too so its nice for mobile details. Another big plus is that you don't need to waste time waiting for it to haze. Apply and buff and you're done. I use it as part of a two step, polish and wax. I paid less than $30 for a gallon which will do hundreds of vehicles. I've gotten lots of positive comments from my customers on the look and feel. It does leave the paint with a super-slick feel which I point out to my customers. This is not just my high volume goto wax but I prefer it on my own vehicles as well. IMO, this is one of Meg's most under-rated products.
                          Jim
                          My Gallery

Comment

can you clarify are there any major difference between

Ultimate Wax
                            NXT 2.0
                            M21 Synthetic Sealant
                            M26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax
                            Gold Class Carnauba Plus

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');