• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How soon to wax a brand new car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How soon to wax a brand new car?

Car is about 45 days off the assembly line, and I'm not sure how soon to wax it. It's 2013 Ford Edge, Ruby Red.....
    Dealership recommended waiting 6 months, but the car is stored outside in the California sun. Also I'm sure the birds, tree sap, and elements will not wait the 6 months. So I would like to wax it as soon as possible without damaging the new paint.
    Any recommendations as to which Meguiar's products to use on the new car.
    (We did not have the dealer put any paint sealant on the car).

Thanks,

You can wax your car right away! You can wax any modern car as soon as you want these days.

Just some thought, give the car a good clayying before waxing if it feels rough. If not, go ahead and use Ultimate Paste Wax. Easy on and off, and best durability from meguiars.
    Always searching for the best.... Keep it country!
    ---------
    SkiDoo Snowmobiles!

Comment

Re: How soon to wax a brand new car?

Just to add, go ahead and wax away.

Like Nick, claying may be a nice option. After transportation, sitting on the lot (etc), it probably has some 'crud' on the surfaces.
      If you do use Ultimate Wax, just remember, THIN coat!

Kinda curious why the dealer would recommend you not wax, what kinda car?

Welcome to MOL!

Bill

Comment

i have tried almost all the meguair's line of waxes. their durability on them all seems about the same. the gold class products gives a better shine than their other lines. one thing i don't care for with meguiar's is that they get "streaky" after a couple of days. Mother's waxes were rated a tad better than Meguair's or Turtle. Zymol seemed to leave a haze or cloudy look after a couple of days and probably had the shortest life span.
        HVAC Training

Comment

Highly reccomend to clay before waxing.

Comment

Thanks for all the good info...
            Will go ahead and wax it soon.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');