• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to buy in Canada?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where to buy in Canada?

I wonder why Canadain Tire isn't carrying Meguiars in Ontario and some other provinces, I was at my town's one here in Alberta this morning and there were a decent number of their products on the shelf of the auto care department. It is not a full sized store either and we're out at the end of the trail. I picked up Gold Class Paste Wax on sale this morning, I have picked up NXT 2.0 (strangley the label was missing the 2.0) the new version of the headlight care kit is there and the carwashes are still available. Canadian Tire's alter ego store "Partsouce" also carries Meguiars so maybe they have the products you're looking for.

Comment

Canadian tire does sell Meguairs in Ontario.... Who said they don't?

Comment

It looks like they aren't carrying all of the Meguiars products they were. I know some other stores here are very slow to restock products on their shelves. It might be an individual store issue as CT here has a good range of the products I like and none are really missing of the Cosumer line though shelf space is limited.

Comment

I've given up on finding a good selection of meguiars products in Canada.
          A year or two ago , there used to be an online store called detailingdepot.ca . It was based out of Edmonton, AB and owned by Bill Davidson. He had the best Meguiars selection in Canada ( almost everything ), but his store was closed down by Meguiars Canada I believe. Luckily I stocked up before that happened.

Now what you can do is , order from autogeek.net or autodetailingsolutions.net and have them ship to a US address. I use a service called tsb shipping here in BC. Here's a link to something similar in your area - http://shippingtoniagarafalls.com

Comment

Originally posted by mmmfloorpie View Post
            Ok, another question. I liked the Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner because it got rid of all the bugs/tar/rust spots/etc off the paint before I waxed/polished. It made the paint niiiiice and smooth.

So what can I replace it with? I bought a bottle of Ultimate Compound. I'm really not familiar with rubbing compounds at all. So would UC be a good replacement? Rub it on, wipe it off and it gets rid of any bugs/oxidation/scratches/what have you like the Deep Crystal did?
            UC is more aggressive than you would need, unless you were removing heavy oxidation and deep swirls and scratches. Here's some steps to help you achieve the results your looking for. Links to products are in the steps.

1. Wash
            2. Clay
            3. Clean
            4. Polish
            5. Protect

Comment

I found Lordco autoparts stocks much of Meg's consumer and pro product line.

Lordco has numerous locations in BC but I don't know if they do any mail order.
              Andy W.
              Bimmers - '72 Tii, '74 Tii, '88 M3, '91 318is, & '01 330i
              Ford - '91 Ranger

Comment

Lordco is ridiculously over priced, I'm talking almost double.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravi_1992 View Post
                  Lordco is ridiculously over priced, I'm talking almost double.
                  I have to agree about Lordco's high prices but I can't find a better retail selection in the lower mainland.
                  Andy W.
                  Bimmers - '72 Tii, '74 Tii, '88 M3, '91 318is, & '01 330i
                  Ford - '91 Ranger

Comment

I also noticed that Canadian Tire only carries the Ultimate series. Today I bought a bottle of Ultimate Compound on sale at Canadian Tire. I have been using Deep Crystal products since 2005 and find them to be great on black cars. I hope someone can tell me what the comparable product will be in the new line. I really like the way my car looks after doing the 3 steps process.
                    CarQuest sells the Professional line for your information.

Comment

I lucked out and found All Wheel and Tire cleaner at my local Walmart tonight. They have about 10 in stock. Can't wait to try it out

Comment

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm having the same issue...

At the time I posted this thread 2 years ago, I ended up buying a bottle of Deep Crystal Cleaner from ebay and it was really simple (there were millions of them for sale). I'm now just about at the end of that bottle and am trying to source my next one. To my dismay, I did a search tonight on both Amazon and ebay and only results from the UK came up... Came to the Meg's website and it looks like it's been discontinued RIP Deep Crystal Cleaner.

I had just found the perfect cleaning combination... Deep Crystal Cleaner as a general cleaner to get all the light stuff off, and then using the Ultimate Compound for the stubborn bits of bug guts and oxidation spots. The reason I like it so much is because it's very easy to work with. Wipe on, wipe off.

Any suggestions on replacements?

Comment

Since it's so hard to find Meguiars products in Canada I'll be switching to 3M.. I think their products will work just fine and lot easier to find. Sorry Meguiars! we live in a third world country when it comes to good products - we normally get all the bullcrap that doesn't really sell in the US. what a joke.

Comment

Not to mention no answers to any e-mail inquiry, that isn't customer service. It's ignoring customers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruclee View Post
                              Not to mention no answers to any e-mail inquiry, that isn't customer service. It's ignoring customers.

lol they've probably had enough of pissed off Canadians lol - Has anyone tried CarBrite lately? I used to use them way back maybe 15-20 years ago when they had some harsh chemicals - but damn were they ever good. Maybe it's time to switch ? I mean, why stay with a product that's so expensive and hard to get in our country? there are other products that I'm sure do just a good of a job as Meguiars products.

Comment

Canadian Tire has some of the products but it depends on the store I guess. Mother's might be a better bet.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');