• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Generation vs Ultimate Wax Liquid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Generation vs Ultimate Wax Liquid

which ones better which one will make the car look its best and do these make swrils

Re: NXT Generation vs Ultimate Wax Liquid

and is it safe on clear coat

Comment

What TV has a better image? Sony LEDs or Samsung LEDs?

Either NXT2.0 or Ultimate Wax is going to give you great results. Chances are, you WILL NOT see a difference. It has been said Ultimate Wax looks better on darker colors while NXT2.0 looks better on lighter colors. Still, a lot of people have switched to Ultimate Wax because it does look great on any color, and it also has more durability than Nxt2.0.

Neither of these waxes will scratch your paint. Both are clear coat safe.

Go with Ultimate Paste wax. (No, there is no significant difference in Paste vs Liquid)
      Always searching for the best.... Keep it country!
      ---------
      SkiDoo Snowmobiles!

Comment

Gee, depends on your car, and your perception of better, and 'looks better'... We have three cars, and two I clean, polish and wax. The first 'non-supermarket' brand paint products I bought were the Mothers 3 step system, and Meguiars Cleaner Wax.

On my metallic blue daily driver (in my avatar) with almost a tint of yellow under the clear coat glow in the sunlight paint, (it's not what I'd call a straight metallic blue) the payoff for using the Mothers 3 step is stunning... certainly looks better than the Cleaner Wax, but that isn't to say the Cleaner Wax doesn't have it's place. It still looks good, is far easier and faster to apply, and is cheaper, and obviously 1 step instead of 3... all important considerations for a daily driver which isn't garaged. So, for once every 6 weeks protection, the Meguiars Cleaner Wax is 'best' for that car. Worth mentioning that also in my car product addiction phase with my new pride and joy I bought some Ultimate Compound and Swirl-X.

So then my partner bought a V8 HSV Clubsport R8. A much larger car, and three times the price. Purple, with an underlying tone of blue underneath. Using the Mothers system became a serious investment of my time and arm muscles. So I'd read good things about NXT2 on here, and thought it should last longer, and even throwing Swirl X into a detail would save me at least one step. Wouldn't you know, I actually prefer the look of NXT to the Mothers on the HSV. It gives the purple a deep, glossy look. I still prefer the Mothers combination on my daily driver though. Hard for me to explain, but it just seems to 'glow' more.

So then Ultimate Liquid Wax came along, and I couldn't help it. I just had to try it and Ultimate Polish on the HSV. I think I prefer it even over the NXT. And, even if I am to get carried away and do a combination of Ultimate Compound, Polish and Liquid Wax (though the Wax alone is sufficient for most occasions, with the Polish added if the car is to have an audience at a car meet or something), all 3 products apply and remove easier than the Mothers 3 step.

Once a year though, given the choice of so many products in my arsenal, I'll still go with the Mothers on my daily driver. Even if I only get to admire it in the sun at work for one afternoon, until the next evening's dust and dew settles on it.

Long story short, you really won't know which you prefer until you try. Some swear by the newer ULW, some still prefer the older NXT. Both are in my experience, great products.

Comment

The only person who can answer the questions you pose is you.

I prefer the look of NXT 2.0 or M21 2.0 on some colors as I think it yields a slightly harder and more defined reflection. I prefer UW on others as it yields a slight darkening and an almost carnauba-like glow. I prefer #26 on some for the depth and major darkening effect it yields.

As to durability, I believe UW is the longest lasting and best protecting product, again my opinion based on the environment my vehicles live in and how they are maintained.

These are all my personal preferences, and as such are pleasing to my eye. Your preferences are yours. You really need to try these products for your self and let your own eyes answer your question.
          Jim
          My Gallery

Comment

the only compliant i have with Ultimate Wax is that the slick feeling its gone the next day but with Nxt2.0 the slick feeling lasted a while

Comment

Originally posted by 79elcamino View Post
              the only compliant i have with Ultimate Wax is that the slick feeling its gone the next day but with Nxt2.0 the slick feeling lasted a while
              That is just the opposite of my experience with UW. I'm seeing the slickness lasting much longer with UW than I with either NXT 2.0 or M21 2.0. I'm using he UW liquid, BTW.
              Jim
              My Gallery

Comment

im using the liquid as well

Comment

Both are great waxes. I agree the NXT does make the metallic flecks pop a little bit more on lighter colors than does Ultimate Wax, but they are both very good.

Comment

Here is a Charger I recently clayed and sealed using NXT Tech Wax 2.0.

I have fallen back in love with this product!

Tedrow's Detailing
                    845-642-1698
                    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Both are good, both have their "weaknesses" but it all depends on the person using it, color of car even the mood of the person. On a properly prepped car, it would be nearly impossible to tell between NXT 2, Ultimate wax, even Gold Class Carnauba plus. The plus side of NXT 2.0 is that it's been around for a while so many should already be familiar with it. It may no longer be the most advanced wax/sealant meguiar's offer, but it has in its own way a proven track record.

Comment

I just read that it is not recommended to layer NXT over another sealant, as it has some type of cleaning properties. Would it be more desirable to first apply NXT and then layer another sealant over that as the LSP?

Comment

Having used both, I prefer NXT Generation to Ultimate Wax Liquid. It just seems easier to work with in my opinion.

Comment

Here is a Nissan Altima I detailed about a month ago. I used Ultimate Wax on this car in liquid form. Turned out FANTASTIC!

Comment

IMO the NXT is better,cheers why.

Eaiser to apply
                              comes off with ease.
                              Zero streaks.
                              Makes my black car pop a little more.

User friendly

Kevin

Comment

Working...
                              X