• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream

Just picked up some D151 and while I havent used it yet I just thought of the name of it and thought what a great product name it is. I can imagine when I am showing fellow friends what I do and the products I use, PRC will stand out to them and and they would say thats what I want for my car. PRC is a very cool product name. I am hopeing to use some of it this weekend and see what this product can do.
    Practice doesn't make perfect, the dedication to achieve perfection makes perfect. "Smack"
    2011 Jet Black 328i Touring
    2007 Jet Black 335i Sedan

Re: D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream

You will really like it. Cuts between M105 and 205, and leaves decent wax behind!

Comment

Let us know how it worked out for you. I just picked up a gallon for myself yesterday!

Comment

I've been eyein PRC myself....recently got myself a gallon of M66
        I wonder how the 2 compare...
        I just detail my own 3 vehicles and a few family & friend's vehicles.....so I'm reluctant to buy soo much
        "STRIFE" aka Phil
        2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
        2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
        2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

In my experience its a good product that achieves very nice results for an AIO. I stopped using it because I was having a serious dusting issue when using it. Who knows, I may have been using it incorrectly though.

Comment

^ maybe you just needed to clean the pads on the fly with the DA brush?
            "STRIFE" aka Phil

Comment

D151 cuts better than M66 because it's SMAT. But M66 does a great job of deep-cleaning the paint. Unless you want to do noticeable correction while waxing, I would question the need for D151. (Then again, you can vary the cut of D151 very nicely by varying pad and machine.)

If you want to make it a 2-step process, you will usually get better results separating the correction and protection steps.

Comment

I want a nice AIO that I can use in one step with my D/A on a polishing pad hence the reason I bought the sample size. Wont get to it today but hopefully tommorrow. If I am going to do a 2 step I will use the MF system no questions asked. So now I have a good 1 step and two step system when doing customer cars.
                Practice doesn't make perfect, the dedication to achieve perfection makes perfect. "Smack"

Comment

Originally posted by smack View Post
                  I want a nice AIO that I can use in one step with my D/A on a polishing pad hence the reason I bought the sample size. Wont get to it today but hopefully tommorrow. If I am going to do a 2 step I will use the MF system no questions asked. So now I have a good 1 step and two step system when doing customer cars.

Comment

The biggest advantage of D151 PRC is that it uses Meguiar's newest technology - SMAT. It's like M86 Cut & Polish Cream with added protection.

Jason Rose explained to me that D151 is so powerful because it was based on the compound and then protection was added. Many cleaner waxes/ AIO are designed reverse way - based on wax with added cleaning/ cutting ability.

These two cars were treated by PRC/ G110 speed 4/ yellow polishing pad (pictures taken before wax application):

It's my favorite cleaner wax (without doubt). It takes anything from wool cutting pad to foam finishing pad.

Comment

Wow Greg!! Those cars look great with PRC. Now I am really glad that I picked this stuff up. How fast or slow and much downward pressure should I use when running it on the yellow pad speed 4?

Thanks for all the info buddy.

Comment

wow, that's nice work mr greg, I'm thinkin i'm buying a gallon of PRC real soon
                        "STRIFE" aka Phil

Comment

Originally posted by smack View Post
                          Wow Greg!! Those cars look great with PRC. Now I am really glad that I picked this stuff up. How fast or slow and much downward pressure should I use when running it on the yellow pad speed 4? Thanks for all the info buddy.
                          Thank you, Mike.

D151 PRC for 1-step jobs and DA MF Correction System for 2-step approach sound like a great detailing plan.
                          You could go as slow as 1-2 inches per second for serious defect removal and even bump speed to 5 (I confirmed it with Mike Stoops and he said it's okay to do so).
                          Down pressure as needed, more for more removal, just don't kill pad rotation.

Originally posted by STRIFE View Post
                          wow, that's nice work mr greg, I'm thinkin i'm buying a gallon of PRC real soon
                          Thank you.

It's truly the best and most modern cleaner wax.

Comment

Thanks again Greg. I never had a chance to use it this weekend as I had three cars lined up for detailing services and all three couldnt make it. So now I will have to wait untill mid June to try it as I am leaving for vacation in a week.

Comment

D151 with the MF cutting disc is a great combo. It has major correcting power for a cleaner wax, but also finishes down quite nicely.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');