• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Meguiar's show shine products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Meguiar's show shine products?

I am detailing my girlfriends car this sunday (95 volvo 850) and her dads volvo s70. I want them to have the highest shine when im done. What meguiars should i use?

Re: Best Meguiar's show shine products?

To get the highest shine possible you should do something like this,

Wash
    Clay
    UC/yellow pad
    UP/black
    M7

Then two coats of wax of your choice. Just saw that you are a new member. Welcome. What products do you have on hand?
    Practice doesn't make perfect, the dedication to achieve perfection makes perfect. "Smack"
    2011 Jet Black 328i Touring
    2007 Jet Black 335i Sedan

Comment

I have no wax anymore. i have cherry scented car wash, old meguiars glaze, and some other stuff. What is the UC and the UP yellow and black, and M7? and how much would that cost and where can i get it?

Comment

Are you working by hand or machine?
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Hand

Comment

OK.. the yellow and black pads are the pads you would use with a machine.

Working by hand, I like just the regular smooth foam applicator pads.

As far as the products, they are probably $7 each or so. Ult. Polish, Ult. Compound, and a Wax are all you really need. A clay kit can be nice if you want to go a little further.

Comment

All of the products that Murr and I have suggested can be picked up at your local Walmart. (they are the cheapest)

So stop by Wally world or where you shop for this stuff and pick up the clay bar kit, Ultimate Compound, Ultimate Polish, and for the best protection Ultimate wax. Since you are new to this you can forgo the M7 as it is a body shop product and is optional.
              Practice doesn't make perfect, the dedication to achieve perfection makes perfect. "Smack"

Comment

Alright. cool. how do i apply the wax bar and how long do you think this should all take?

Comment

Could possibly consider the Paint Restoration kit if the price was right. Though may need some extra QD spray. The UC bottle could probably do 2 cars. And add in Ult. Polish if you wanted.

Comment

If you want to get the most product for you buck pick up the new car kit as well as the paint restoration kit. If you are doing this process by hand set aside a full day to get this accomplished....

Comment

The wax bar?

You may need to gather the products up, and take a look at them, and may help with explaining how to use them.

I wouldnt plan on more than 1 car a day...

Edit:

If you are brand new and learning, there is no point in expecting perfect results, it is more about learning this time. Clay, UC followed by 2 coats of wax would be completely acceptable, or you could scale it back more and just do the clay, ColorX, Wax. Dont even the need the UP this time around.

If the cars are in real bad shape, UC would do a bit more. But rushing, learning, getting tired, practicing, etc all at once wont be fun for you.

Comment

alright! Thanks guys! My girlfriend and her parents are going to be shell shocked once they see their cars!

Comment

My two cents.
                          1) Turtle Wax Bug & Tar remover on any of the black dots around wheel wells, bottom of back bumper, on each side bottom section between wheels
                          2) Wash with quality car soap/shampoo
                          3) Dry with Micro Fiber cloth
                          4) Clay entire car with Meguiars clay kit
                          5) Wipe away any excess quick detailer from claying with micro fiber cloth
                          6) Attack any trouble spots. SwirlX or ScratchX for scratches. Ultimate Compound for really tough scratches and swirls and paint scuffs from door dings.
                          7) Ultimate Polish to give it that shine
                          8) Top off with two coats of Ultimate Liquid Wax

If the swirls are really tough, you're gonna need mechanical help. This means pairing the Dual Action polisher with the right polishing foam pad. Just ask us.

I recommend ULW because it's super easy to use, won't leave a white residue on the plastic trim, and will last a long time.

To help with the wow factor, polish the headlights. Restoring clarity to the lenses makes a big difference. The easiest way to do this is with Meguiars headlight restoration kit. Their process will leave a long lasting, UV inhibiting protective coating on the lenses.

I recommend steps 1-8 as a minimum if you're looking for a good car detail. The next step would be to thoroughly clean the plastic trim then apply Ultimate Protectant. And shine up the tires. Any of the Meguairs products are good, it's just a preference on gloss.

A step down would be a simple wash and wax. But, since you're here I suspect you want better results.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');