• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Longest lasting cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Longest lasting cars?

My Yukon has 180,000+change, and my Geo Metro 1.0 has 239,000+change. Yukon, new tranny at 149,000+ change.

Take care of them, they take care of you. Remember, changing oil every 3,000 is great, just remember there is a radiator with fluid that needs changing, turkey baste the power steering, flush brake system with new brake fluid, change tranny fluid (I drop the pan and filter every year), belts, hoses, use correct fluids, good filters, check air filter. Etc Etc.

when my tranny went out, the mechanics all asked me how I got 149,000 out of a GM 4L60E??? I said I dropped the pan and filter every summer. At 100,000 give or take, I changed power steering (turkey baster), flushed Synthetic fluid in brake system and changed antifreeze with new red goo and manual called for distilled water and flushed according to the manual. I also changed the rear end fluid and grease all 11 zerk fittings every oil change (Mobil 1, every 5,000).
    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Ford's 4.6 equipped Panther platform sedans, I regularly attend wholesale auctions and have seen numerous with over 400k. Most I see are 250K+

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');