• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foam Cannon for the AR Blue Pressure Washer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foam Cannon for the AR Blue Pressure Washer

Not long ago I got myself a foam cannon. Turns out I needed to get the fitting that would fit my particular electric pressure washer which in my case is the AR112 AR Blue electric pressure. The fitting I thought would fit best is the "Lavor" fitting. Based on what I had read online many others with the same PW figured the same. I emailed Nick at AutoGeek and he did try to help but they just didn't offer the fitting for my PW model. So I had to get creative somehow and make it work.
    Below I'm going to post pictures and describe what I did for those that may be going through the same thing.

Here is an exploded view of what I used

The AR pressure washers come with an additional wand that shoots the thin strong stream. I wasn't going to use that on a car so I figured I could use that wand to cut the end off so I can use the fitting that I knew was going to fit my handle.

I bought
    (1) 1/4" x 1/4" brass hose barb from Home Depot. Part #LFA-197
    (1) 2 part Multi purpose Epoxy so I can glue the brass hose barb to the wand that I cut
    I purchased the Brass male nipple connector from Autogeek.

This was the initial cut I made on the wand. Not pretty so I recut it using a hacksaw. I used a 7/32 drill bit to clean the hole out and to make sure the brass barb was going to fit nice and snug.

I mixed the 2 part epoxy as per instructions on the package and put it on the brass barb end that I was inserting into the wand. I held it there for about 5 minutes. I let it sit for 24 hours before I tested it out.

I assembled the rest

and here is what it looks like

Here is a quick video I made using the modified wand. I'm using Meguiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax. I still need to dial in the amount of soap to water ratio in order to get the right consistancy.
    Foam Cannon Modified TEST - YouTube

The foam cannon works great. I'm sure the brass barb may be limiting the full pressure but I'm happy with it. So if you have the AR Blue pressure washer and have the additional wand try this out. Hope you've found this information useful.
    Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
    www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
    Facebook www.detailing.com

Re: Foam Cannon for the AR Blue Pressure Washer

There is always a way to make something work! lol

Thanks for posting this Jesse!

There is hope for my foam cannon! It took me a bit to get all the adapters I needed with mine. I only used it twice and guess I'll need to play with it some more to get better foam. I figured that my pressure washer was too small but it's about the same as yours.

Did you find any soaps that foam better than others? I have heard that hyper-wash works good.
    Scott

Comment

This is funny you posted this Jesse since I just bought the AR 112 and have been using it for a good week already, very similar to the AR 118 hand carry that I have already and have been using. I believe the 112 is slightly more powerful though. Is is just me or are AR Blue Clean pressure washers pretty well built capable units?

But back to your original topic, I am probably going to order a lance and put together that type of setup. I take it your not using the clear plastic bottle foamer that comes with it. LOL.
      Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
        This is funny you posted this Jesse since I just bought the AR 112 and have been using it for a good week already, very similar to the AR 118 hand carry that I have already and have been using. I believe the 112 is slightly more powerful though. Is is just me or are AR Blue Clean pressure washers pretty well built capable units?

But back to your original topic, I am probably going to order a lance and put together that type of setup. I take it your not using the clear plastic bottle foamer that comes with it. LOL.
        When I bought the AR Blue I bought it because it seemed powerful enough for my use and the price was just right. Once I started using it I fell in love with it. I totally agree, it is a well built unit that I'm happy with. I used the plastic foamer that came with it but it really didn't do what I wanted it. Not bad but I think I like my new set up now.
        Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
        www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
        Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');