• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Mercedes 107 SL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Mercedes 107 SL

Hi, heres the latest project which was finished off today.

The customer had some bodywork carried out and the lower half of the car was repainted. This led to the car having varying degrees of swirls so a machine polish was in order to even things up.

I apologise in advance at the lack of during photos as time was tight as the car is being delivered first thing tomorrow morning.

All products used are Autosmart unless stated.

First the car was washed with Autowash and the wheels cleaned with Ali shine. After drying the car was clayed and the polishing began.

Megs #80 didn't have quite enough cut so #83 was used and gave pretty good results. The hood was the original single stage paint and was very tough so U/C was employed to sort this out. The trunk also needed U/C although this had beeen resprayed at some point as it was clear coated.

Highstyle dressing was used to treat all rubber and plastic parts and the bodywork was given a coat of Carnauba Gold wax.

This is the only before pic and the whole car looked pretty much like this

[IMG][/IMG]

Heres a couple of 50/50 shots of the trunk

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I wasn't able to remove all the defects but I would estimate that approx 80% were dispatched

Heres a couple of afters.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

And a selection of reflection shots.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Heres one I did earlier!!

A couple of weeks ago I worked on this car, a later SL. It didn't required a machine polish but the interior needed a bit of work. Its now waiting for its new owner to collect.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Can you imagine trying to keep this clean All the carpets are pale cream as are the seats. I would have to take my shoes off if this were my daily drive!!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Many thanks for looking

Mark
Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');