• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

still more questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• still more questions...

Does anybody or has anybody ever had a problem with clay getting stuck in the pits in your windshield? I don't have "craters" by any means but i do have some minor pitting from gravel roads and road salt/sand in the winter. Also, I understand it is a good idea to put 2 coats of wax on your vehicle. What is a good combo to put on? I have a dark blue Ford F-150 and a diamond white (creamy white) Chev Traverse. I have been a long time user of Gold Class liquid and have recently bought a bottle of NXT 2.0 wax. should i use 2 coats of NXT, one of each (GC then NXT i assume), or what? Maybe when i run out of Gold Class switch to Ultimate Liquid wax? I was kind of thinking of doing a coat of each and start using ultimate liquid when i run out of gold class. Sorry if the questions i ask have been beaten to death, but i find it easier to ask them rather than search the entire forum and you people on the forum are absolutely the right people to ask! Thank you so much in advance! Now off to buy a DA Buffer

Re: still more questions...

hello? anybody out there?

Comment

Oh I guess so...

Does anybody or has anybody ever had a problem with clay getting stuck in the pits in your windshield? I don't have "craters" by any means but i do have some minor pitting from gravel roads and road salt/sand in the winter.
      Not really, seems to go ok. You are using the QD?

Also, I understand it is a good idea to put 2 coats of wax on your vehicle. What is a good combo to put on? I have a dark blue Ford F-150 and a diamond white (creamy white) Chev Traverse. I have been a long time user of Gold Class liquid and have recently bought a bottle of NXT 2.0 wax. should i use 2 coats of NXT, one of each (GC then NXT i assume), or what? Maybe when i run out of Gold Class switch to Ultimate Liquid wax? I was kind of thinking of doing a coat of each and start using ultimate liquid when i run out of gold class.
      Mixing up waxes is kind of up to you.

I have never had a desire to cover up the looks or performance or Ult. Wax. 2 coats of something good would seem to be good...
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Sorry, didn't mean to come off rude. Yes, using QD. In your opinion is Ult wax better than NXT 2.0?

Comment

Just messing with you.

Yeah, I think the Ult. Wax is better, though it does apply differently, which has thrown some people off. Ult. Wax at the start of winter + UQW after a wash (once a month or so through the winter) and it seemed to last the best of anything I have used, and always looked good.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I'll have to try it out when i run out of the NXT. Thanks for the input Murr, you help and advice is always welcome!

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');