• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Storing and organizing Microfiber Towels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storing and organizing Microfiber Towels

Anyone have any good ideas on storing and organizing microfiber towels. I started using really big ziplocks, and labeling each one with it's designated towels purpose.

I had a bag each for:

1. Glass towels only
    2. Final buff only
    3. General Purpose
    4. Interior
    5. Compound/Polish towels

Could there be any problems with storing them in air tight ziplocs. Are any other methods better? My ocd really kicks in with this organizing stuff.lol
    Why walk through life when you can strut.

--- Tobymac

Re: Storing and organizing Microfiber Towels

Oops, I forgot to mention I'm mobile, so I don't have a shop or anything to store at.

--- Tobymac

Comment

I am not in the detailing business, but I do have a lot of towels, more than I need. I kind of been lucky in my purchases in regards to the color of the towels.
      Green = Glass
      Blue = Interior
      Yellow = Wax Removal/Buffing

I would not have a problem storing mine in zip locks, if they were completely dry, but I hang mine from wooden coat hangers in the basement. Looks like a towel farm down there.

Comment

I store my MF towels in large ziplock bags and place them in a storage tub with lid. I use green on the glass, terry towels on wheels and yellow, blue or orange on paint wax, compound polish, detail spray). I have the ziplock's labeled for my wife if she ever need's to use them. I also keep QD spray, glass cleaner and MF towels (labeled in ziplock's) in my vehicles for quick clean-ups.

Just ensure the towels are dry prior to placing them in a ziplock bag.

Comment

Yeah, if nothing else, just leave the bags unzipped.

Although I will say I have never had a problem using one towel for something else once it is clean. I just have the good MF's for paint, the Vroom type ones for interior/dirty spots, and terry for real bad spots.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I save those plastic containers that Strawberries come in. They have holes in them to allow for air circulation. Then I use a magic marker to label each container with each towels use. Works for me.

Comment

Mine is very simple. Two laundry baskets, one with lid for clean towels and the other for dirty towels. When the dirty basket is full, it is time for laundry. If the towel doesn't clean enough after wash, I will just throw it back into dirty basket to be wash again. Usually it come out cleaner after another wash. I've another two baskets for terry towels because it is better not to mix MF and terry towels in laundry.
              2010 Subaru Legacy GT - Graphite Gray Metallic

Comment

As long as towels are clean I believe.

Got confused with some of my towels (all yellow). Just went with the flow and made sure it was well cleaned after

Comment

When I'm going someplace with detail supplies I typically use (2) 5 gallon pails with covers on them. When I get there I just use those pails for my wash and rinse buckets too. Just be sure to get the easy remove covers so you don't need one of those tools or fingers of steel. lol
                  Scott

Comment

That's definitely a good and simple way to do it man!

I just started with a new system a couple weeks ago. I don't know how it's working out so far. We'll see. I get alot of my stuff from Walmart and noticed in the auto care section they had all these Different colored buckets for $1.50 a bucket. So I've got 6 different colored buckets and each has it's own purpose.

1. neon green- all glass cleaning stuff
                    2. orange- all car wash stuff
                    3. navy blue- all compound/polish/and final wax stuff
                    4. Royal blue- all interior protector/ exterior trim stuff
                    5. Yellow- all tires stuff

When I get to the place, I line them all up next to eachother in order. So I pick out what I need when I need it. Then go to the next. I'ts probably OCD, but my customers think I'm real organized when I do it.

--- Tobymac

Comment

One thing about cleaning stuff by hand is its quite hard to remove the dirty stuff off the towel.

I chuck all my yellow towels into the washing machine and it comes out super clean. When I try to organize and do it by hand, still has the dirty stuff on

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');