• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to get road grime and some wax residue off (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to get road grime and some wax residue off (pics)

I have two issues. The first one is wanting to know what the best way to get road grime off the lower part of my car as seen in the first picsture. I washed the car and it is still there so I am thinking I will try to clay it and if that doesn't work I can try UC. But I know in a couple of weeks there will be more road grime on the car and so I don't want to wear out the paint if I have to use UC every time.

Second issue is the slim side panel that is shown in the 2nd picture has wax residue and I don't know how I should get it off. I have not waxed the slim side panel directly but wax got on it when I was waxing the door. I have tried wiping it with a wet towel but that did not work. Also, I am not sure what the surface is because it seems different than the door panel, its not plastic though. thanks

A clay bar should be right for the grime part of it. And maybe try the uc for the wax residue or a light rubbing compound should do the trick but I'm not to sure as I can not really see the picture.
    Hope that helps

Comment

Re: how to get road grime and some wax residue off (pics)

I would use a clay bar to try to get the grime off (wash the truck first).

As for the second picture have you tried a APC? I've got into the habit now of masking off all plastic and body molding cause of this lol

Comment

Re: how to get road grime and some wax residue off (pics)

maybe some steam for removing the wax from plastic parts

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');