• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTB Flex 3401 Polisher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB Flex 3401 Polisher

New to business, but would like to replace cheap rotary with a great Used Flex 3401 polisher ! Nedds to be shipped to Nashville TN 37221.....Thanks, will look at any other high end polishers......Thx, Bill

Re: WTB Flex 3401 Polisher

Restore the like-new look of any vehicle with premium European car care supplies from SONAX, including paint polishes, leather cleaners and detailing sprays.

Autogeek VIP special. It's a nice package considering what you're looking for.
    Mike

Black 98 Pontiac Trans Am
    Black 07 Dodge Ram 1500 Quadcab Hemi

Comment

I just bought a griots DA.. (but im thinking about cancelling it for a g110v2) But i would like something with forced rotation as well. doesnt flex do the orbital motion but force the rotation???? that would be what im looking for for more of the heavy work.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorsports-X View Post
        I just bought a griots DA.. (but im thinking about cancelling it for a g110v2) But i would like something with forced rotation as well. doesnt flex do the orbital motion but force the rotation???? that would be what im looking for for more of the heavy work.
        Yeah it's a forced rotation D/A polisher. It does the oscillating motion you mentioned while the machine maintains rotation through its geared mechanism.
        2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Flex 3401 is superb comparing to GG and Megs 110. The 2 bog down while 3401 goes like a roatry with 480 rpm's no matter how hard you press it against the paint.

Comment

yeah i think im gonna have to take the leap. the g110 works excellent but there is some times when you need a little more balls. lol

Comment

Have you considered looking at the DA Microfiber Correction System? This system will cut through defects really quick and it loves hard paint. It will have the "balls" you need IMO.

Comment

yeah i plan on getting that, but that system is made for new factory paints. what about older single stage paints?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorsports-X View Post
                  yeah i plan on getting that, but that system is made for new factory paints. what about older single stage paints?
                  It works on single stage paints as well! Check out this thread where Meguiar's tried comparing UC/M80/W8207 to D300/DMC5 on a Mercedes SL with single stage paint:
                  Pictures from Thursday Night Open Garage - March 31st, 2011

But like what they did, you need to do a test spot first and see if it works.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');