• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odd Interior Material Cleaning Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Interior Material Cleaning Help

Hey guys, I have a 2010 Ford Escape Limited Hybrid. I love this vehicle for a daily driver but I cannot seem to keep the interior looking clean. This is mainly due to the material used throughout the interior. It is an extremely glossy black "piano" plastic. This stuff attracts dust like nobodys business. Also, when I try to dust it the glossy plastic shows streaks from any kind of oil or grease in the cleaner, or your fingers. I thought maybe getting some microfiber towels would help, but any tips on what kind of cleaner I can use? Thanks in advance guys!

Re: Odd Interior Material Cleaning Help

APC+ is my go to interior cleaner, but the problem is that you probably won't be able to find it locally. Mist it onto the towel then wipe away, it dries nicely and I don't even bother rinsing it. It doesn't leave any residue.

Comment

You might also consider Quik Interior Detailer. It is good cleaner and smell good too.
      2010 Subaru Legacy GT - Graphite Gray Metallic

Comment

How are those about leaving streaks? It seems like this stuff streaks up if you look at it wrong lol

Comment

The streaking isnt from the material, it is from something that is on the surface. Either some sort of oil etc on it, or oil from your fingers, etc.

The simplest place to start would be the QID with a good MF towel, and see if it comes out looking even.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Get a duster

DetailingByM.com

Comment

I'm swinging by the store tomorrow I think so I'll see how it comes out, will report back with details

Comment

Originally posted by andytsang View Post
                You might also consider Quik Interior Detailer. It is good cleaner and smell good too.
                Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                The streaking isnt from the material, it is from something that is on the surface. Either some sort of oil etc on it, or oil from your fingers, etc.

The simplest place to start would be the QID with a good MF towel, and see if it comes out looking even.

I have similar materials in my 12' cruze and I find that Quick interior detailer with a clean MF towel does an excellent job. Leaves the surface streak and dust free, I keep a bottle in my car .

Comment

For those quickie 'get rid of the dust' times, try using one of those Swifty duster things (I don't really know what to call them).

Bill

Comment

Theyre called Swiffers lol
                    "Some say that he has a digital face, and that he has a full sized tatto of his face....on his face...all we know is, he's called The Stig!"

Comment

Use some aerosol glass cleaner. The foaming kind will clean it very well with no streaks. And you will want some microfiber
                      Even the best cars look like junk when they are not clean

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');