Hi all, I want to repair partially rusted stone chips permanently.

After sanding rust out of a stone chip, should one use a rust converter or rust-inhibiting primer? If so, what is good to use that won't ruin the surrounding paint? Or is it enough to use a normal primer (w/o rust inhibitors)?

I know this question has come up a few times on this forum but I haven't found a definitive answer. Thanks!