• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hows ColorX compare w/AIO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hows ColorX compare w/AIO

I wanted to test out ColorX. I was wondering how it's comparing with Klasse AIO, I had been using AIO for last 3 year and I know AIO has abit of protective in it. So, what ColorX got?

Re: Hows ColorX compare w/AIO

Originally posted by KLnyc
    I wanted to test out ColorX. I was wondering how it's comparing with Klasse AIO, I had been using AIO for last 3 year and I know AIO has abit of protective in it. So, what ColorX got?
    ColorX uses a blend of synthetic polymers with some Carnauba wax also for both protections, gloss and depth.

ColorX is a stronger cleaner/wax than the AIO, for a more gentle cleaner/wax try Meguiar's Cleaner/Wax in the maroon bottle. Meguiar's Cleaner/Wax in the maroon bottle has been around since 1973!

Not too many products that can claim that kind of popularity and staying power.

Give either a try, they're both excellent one-step products by themselves, or perfect for preparing the finish for a topper.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Hows ColorX compare w/AIO

I find them both similar.......... and both very good products. As Mike said, the ColorX has polymers and a touch of carnauba in it. The AIO lays down just a tiny amount of acrylic protection.
      Boss_429

Comment

Tough question. I can't comment on the formula of ColorX.

I've been using AIO the past few weeks on newer finishes. I can't really comment on how AIO removes oxidation either (so why am I posting then?)

What I can comment on is what you're using AIO as a base for, if anything? If using another sealant as a topper especially Klasse SG then AIO is a must due to the acrylic protection. This protection should last longer than a carnauba base. Some products require removal of oils and carnauba to allow the sealant to fully bond. I guess it boils down to your choice of products.

Now look at what ColorX can do to heavy oxidation.

After ColorX and NXT

As you can see ColorX has a specific purpose too. Maybe not the base for another sealant, but ColorX works wonders by itself or topped with NXT as pictured above.

Hopefully you will find some useful information above.

Comment

Thanks guys for the kind replies. Does ColorX contain any oil fiiler sort of stuffs? I know normally do AIO w/KSG then LSP.
          How's th CX bonding with SG or 4*UPP?

Comment

To be honest SG is not a product that is talked about very much on this forum.

Not that
            a) isn't a good product
            b) the forum doesn't allow it
            c) more like most people on the forum prefer to use mostly Meguiar's products or like myself most of my experience is built around Meguiar's products.

Not to say that other products don't work or work as well as Meguiar's.

Another issue I have with using SG is all the application and removal problems I've heard about on other forums. So I stick with what I know for now. As the summer picks up I will give Klasse twins a try on my vehicle and decide from there about adopting them in my service packages. AIO is in for sure.

I think I have read folks using #80 as a base for 4* with no problems reported. Of course if you speak with the 4* folks they recommend using their pre cleaner pre sealant before using 4* UPP.

Comment

Next time, I'll keep in mind to minimize other products and other company.

thanks.

Comment

Next time, I'll keep in mind to minimize other products and other company.

thanks.
                No problem there as far as I can see. I like to learn and try new products and combos. I'm just kind of nervous about using the SG. Have you heard of or had the bad experiences of using the SG?? I guess the streaking and difficulty in removal. If not what was your technique?

Comment

I use 7 steps.

wash
                  clay
                  #83(if theres alot of swirls)
                  AIO
                  SG x 1 or maybe 2,if weather is good.
                  Nattys

I have no problem with SG, I applied very fine thin layer. I never used ColorX before, so I wanna give a shot. And beside I can pick them up at my Wally World(WalMart),Target and just about any where

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');