• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buffing Pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffing Pads

Just wondering if Meguiar's has ever considered any improvements to the 8" foam rotary buffing pads. Not that there is anything wrong with the existing pads, as I use them and they work just fine. However, there are some new innovations in pad design and texture that are quite interesting.

Some of the new variable contact pads I've seen look to be handy. The fact that some the new pads are recessed a bit so the backing plate drops into the pad also seems like a nice idea too.

Just a thought.
    Boss_429

I'll forward this to the person that oversees that department. Thanks!

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Buffing Pads

Originally posted by Boss_429
      The fact that some the new pads are recessed a bit so the backing plate drops into the pad also seems like a nice idea too.

Just a thought.
      That would be a great addition to the Meguiar's buffing pads.......It would help to keep the pad centered on the spindle and reduce the chance of it flying off while buffing.
      r. b.

Comment

*cough* 4" Cyclo pads *cough*
        1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
        2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
        1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

I think 4� pads and backing plates for both rotary and G-100 are a great idea.

(Now if people should happen to use those 4� pads on some other RO polisher, maybe one that needs twice as many, I doubt Meguiar’s would mind.)

PC.

Comment

I have some 3" foam pads from another pad manufacturer. They do leave some almost hologram type effect, but they're great for working in those small little hard to get to areas. They even have their own special miniature backing plate. If Meguiar's made something like these it would be great.
            Later,
            Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
            Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

pros & cons. my .02 cents

I would like to see a more aggresive velcro on the buffing pads, cause when they get wet they dont stick as good to the backing plate, also I get "really passionate" with the pads which in turn makes the backing plate tear down thru the pad, as to create a hole the size of the backing plate on my buffer pad.

The possitive aspects of the meguiars buffing pad is that, I have never had to worry about it being too agrresive on my paint and it leaves no holograms or swirls. EVER!
              Last edited by hpjunkie; Apr 6, 2005, 07:06 PM.
              Cars are one of the greatest inventions evah!

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');