• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some advice would be greatly appreciated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some advice would be greatly appreciated!

I've finally got around to putting some greatly needed attention to my car's paint. It's a 2007 and has pretty much been never polished or waxed since so I consider it pretty neglected. I'm currently in the process of fixing some paint chips, minor clearcoat scratches etc so I'm going about it with 2500 grit then following it up with 3000. I like to keep the sanded spots as small as possible so I'll be rubbing those out separately by hand. I'm then going to follow up with clay barring and polishing the entire car with my PC.

I basically want to know which product line to choose to tackle these. With some research, I've determined going with the M84 to buff out the wetsanding spots by hand, then use something like Ultimate Compound for the whole car. Then of course follow up with a wax. Would this pretty much be a good choice of products? Would Ultimate Polish be more appropriate or Ultimate Compound? Are these consumer line products weaker than the pro line? Should I stick with all pro line? Would I be ok with buffing out the small wetsand marks (about 2"x2" areas) by hand using M84 or should I go with the diamond cut?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Some advice would be greatly appreciated!

M84 and Diamond Cut are designed to be used solely with a rotary polisher and won't produce the results you're after with hand application.

Try Ultimate Compound, or better still M105 if you're doing it by hand. It would be a better choice to remove the sanding marks via your PC as it will have more power and be able to produce a more even result over the area of repair.

You can follow Ultimate Compound or M105 with either Ultimate Polish or M205, and then use a wax or sealant to protect the result.

Remember, before trying any of the above, test the combination on a small area first before attacking the entire car.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');