• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review: Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Review: Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere

Originally posted by qubanaso View Post
    Hello..

just wondering what product is "UWW+," I can't seem to find any Meguiars product that sells for $3.60/Gallon. Thanks
    It isn't a Meguiar's product. It's Ultima Waterless Wash Plus.

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
      My Dad isnt much of one for new fangled stuff. But he tried my bottle of UWWA, and was pretty impressed, though I think he gave a bit of a rinse first, just to be safe.
      Tell him to do it!!!!! It's really great stuff

Originally posted by Garage Troll View Post
      UWWA is an amazing product and so is UWW+. I love both of them and as far as I'm concerned they both blow CroftGateUSA Aquanil-X out of the water. I made some UWW+ for my Dad since he had been using Aquanil-X before that. Let's just say, the pink stuff is now collecting dust as it's now antiquated by even his standards. Plus, both UWW+ and UWWA are far more affordable. Can't beat that! Thanks for the excellent review Shawn!
      Thanks Andy! Yeah, the UWWA is easier to use as it doesn't leave a haze on the surface. It also has a little better cleaning power as I said in my honest review.

But yeah, UWW+ is much more affordable. But I really like UWWA for its cleaning power which is more than UWW+.

Originally posted by wifpd4 View Post
      I really like UWWA too. Although still early in the bug season, but it really seems to take them off. I also like it to clean glass. Great stuff!
      David, I really like it on glass as well! Leaves a nice slick surface. Plus, I like using one product to do the entire car and not switching to something else to do the class.

Originally posted by marspe View Post
      I'm sure that UWWA is great, but when price is factored in, I'm not sure why anyone is using anything other than UWW+. I"ve been using it for 6 months now, and I've tried everything else (except UWWA) and although there are some good products out there, @ about $3.60 per GALLON it's a no brainer.

Megs would have to come out with M135 v2, with Polycharger and make it available in concentrate form to really compete. Hey there's an idea, they should do this. M135 is the only other QD I use and while I love it, at $30 per gallon, it's just not price competitive with UWW+.
      Yup. UWW+ cannot be beat price-wise and performance wise it is second only to UWWA and that is based solely on the cleaning power of UWWA.
      Tedrow's Detailing
      845-642-1698
      Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

I know that Meguiars has the Express Rinseless wash in the gallon, and I was wonder if anybody here has compared that to UWW+ or UWWA in cleaning ability. I know that UWWA has wax protection and that is not a concern for me because I prefer Gold Class Quick Wax while drying (I have a black vehicle and nothing beats the warmness of carnuba). I love the UWWA but at $15 it is almost as expensive as taking my buckets and grit-guards to the coin op. Anyone tried it out head to head? Thanks Mike

Comment

Great writeup-

Just a couple of questions.

-About how long from start to finish does it take you to do a full UWWA job on your car?
          -Can you use UWWA as a permanent replacement for other top Meguiars waxes like nxt/ultimate wax, and expect similar results as far as protection and shine?
          -Also, not sure if your car is garage kept or what(looks great btw) but would UWWA be a smart choice for a guy like me? Mine is a daily driver, no garage, no carport. So..exposed to all elements at all times. The only upside being that I live in louisiana where there is no snow/salt in the winter.

I didn't see these questions answered in the rest of the thread, sorry if they were already. I'd be 100% new to the waterless/rinsless process, but this review has me intrigued.

Thanks alot
          -Mike

Comment

Just used the Megs Ultimate Wash and Wax anywhere for the first time. I have a full sized pickup truck so I was curious as to how much would actually be used from 1 bottle. I used about a 1/3rd of the bottle, which isn't so bad. Truck wasn't real dirty just the kind of dirt/dust from a weeks worth of driving which included rain since the last full wash. I suspect a very dirty vehicle you would use considerably more, but if that was the case I would probably spray it down first at the coin op wash.

The product seems to do a good job at cleaning and wipe off is a breeze with no streaking. In the past I have use both Ultimate quik detailer and Ultimate Quik wax for doing light cleaning and wax. I think this new product kind of gives you the best of both those products in one with a little better cleaning ability than UQD.

I give it a two thumbs up, way to go Meguiar's.....
            2019 Ford F-150 XLT SPORT 4X4 Ecoboost

Comment

Originally posted by Glaivenside View Post
              Great writeup-

Just a couple of questions.

-About how long from start to finish does it take you to do a full UWWA job on your car?
              -Can you use UWWA as a permanent replacement for other top Meguiars waxes like nxt/ultimate wax, and expect similar results as far as protection and shine?
              -Also, not sure if your car is garage kept or what(looks great btw) but would UWWA be a smart choice for a guy like me? Mine is a daily driver, no garage, no carport. So..exposed to all elements at all times. The only upside being that I live in louisiana where there is no snow/salt in the winter.

I didn't see these questions answered in the rest of the thread, sorry if they were already. I'd be 100% new to the waterless/rinsless process, but this review has me intrigued.

Thanks alot
              -Mike
              I have a full sized pickup and i spend probably half and hour maybe a bit more, but I was trying to set any records either.

I don't think it's going to replace the wax protection you get with other Megs premium waxes or sealants. As I stated in my previous post I kind of liken it to having a stronger cleaning UQD and UQW all in one product. Boosting the wax you may already have on your vehicle.

PS I think it works great on glass as well.

Hope this helps.
              2019 Ford F-150 XLT SPORT 4X4 Ecoboost

Comment

I just picked 6 bottles of UW&WA, and I already have 2 gallons of M135 & 1 gallon of Last Touch.

So my question to the OP: would you use M135/UQD/ LT on a fairly clean car just caught in rain for a bit.( the dirt being wet still and spraying with a hose was not an option)??
                I was thinking I can use UW&WA on my cars when the extremely light "dirt" dried on my vehicles.

Btw, I have used UQD on my G35 after a drive in rain, where the car was lightly covered with "spray" from the cars in front of me.....(and the "spray" had a chance to dry) and I have not detected any issues...
                "STRIFE" aka Phil
                2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
                2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
                2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Originally posted by STRIFE View Post
                  I just picked 6 bottles of UW&WA, and I already have 2 gallons of M135 & 1 gallon of Last Touch.

So my question to the OP: would you use M135/UQD/ LT on a fairly clean car just caught in rain for a bit.( the dirt being wet still and spraying with a hose was not an option)??
                  I was thinking I can use UW&WA on my cars when the extremely light "dirt" dried on my vehicles.

Btw, I have used UQD on my G35 after a drive in rain, where the car was lightly covered with "spray" from the cars in front of me.....(and the "spray" had a chance to dry) and I have not detected any issues...
                  That sounds right. UWWA also makes a good quick detailer although a little pricey.
                  Tedrow's Detailing
                  845-642-1698
                  Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

^ thx....I want to do my part and cut down on traditional hose & bucket washing.....i also have 2 gallons of ONR and a smaller bottle of Optimium Opti Clean concentrate.....
                    "STRIFE" aka Phil

Comment

Strife, you're loaded on rinseless/waterless wash products! Hopefully you got the 5 dollar rebate per bottle, that's enough savings to buy 2 more bottles.

I'm no expert, but I wouldn't do a waterless wash on a car that just seen the rain; that is assuming the car is still wet. I prefer being able to see the dirt, when dry, so I can judge if I'd go the waterless route or the rinseless route. Since these waterless washes rely on lubricants/cleaning agents, the already wet surface might weaken them.

I love UWWA. One bottle of UwwA lasts abit over 3 car washes on a Honda Fit. I used to pay $8 per car wash, with UwwA I'm paying less than that and at the same time I'm having fun.

Comment

^ No, i didn't get the $5 rebate...bought a 6 pack at ADS for $62.94
                        On a white car, you can pretty much see the dirt, but in my case dirty water. I've used UQD on my cars after being caught in rain, usually use a bit more product and a few more MF towels does the trick.
                        I notice the UQD pushes the rain off the paint....so the 2nd or 3rd sprays doesn't get "diluted"
                        i haven't seen any swirls and really have to look very hard to see any....since I also have 2 gallons of ONR...I can be very liberal when spraying down my cars prior to wiping down....i have options
                        "STRIFE" aka Phil

Comment

I just wanted to update that I continue to use Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere like crazy. I hope the product will never come on the chopping block because my cars would not be the same without it.

It simply replaced my Quick Detailers (UQD, Last Touch) in 95 percent of instances.

I use at least one bottle of UWAWA each week.

It continues to amaze me just how slick a car's paint feels with this product, especially if you have any decent, recent full wax application. The slickness cannot be compared to any QD.

I love that unlike with a quick detailer, I'm always putting down a little more protection when I clean too.

However....one of the biggest benefits I noticed after 6 months to a year when I do claying. My cars had significantly less bonded contaminants both times I clayed in 2012. I put that down to UWAWA. It has always been my opinion that wax and sealants do not last as long as we think. Even though I wax many times each year, I still believe the protection of wax goes down hill pretty fast. Therefore, it's my amateur conclusion that UWAWA helped prevent many bonded contaminants in 2012 because instead of just using my quick detailers all the time to clean the cars, I was using UWAWA, so even when my traditional wax protection began to become weaker, I was continually (on at least a weekly basis), laying down some renewed protection with UWAWA. Sure, UWAWA isn't wax protection like paste or liquid, but when it is being applied so regularly compared to every few weeks of traditional wax, it must help.

Therefore, I continue to give extremely high praise to UWAWA. I buy the stuff like crazy. It's the most important car product I use!

Comment

This product from Optimum is quite interesting, i hope Meguiars follows up soon in 2014

Thoughts?
                            "STRIFE" aka Phil

Comment

Originally posted by STRIFE View Post
                              This product from Optimum is quite interesting, i hope Meguiars follows up soon in 2014

Thoughts?
                              You make a good point.

A gallon size product would be nice! Again, I use at least a bottle a week, so that could truly save me money.

My only hesitation is that I do not hear a lot of feedback / users of the product, so I don't know how motivated Meguiars is going to be, in getting it into gallon format.

I will keep hoping!

Comment

Noob questions: Can this product be used on motorcycle clear coat, plastic fenders, chrome, plastic chrome, exhausts, and tires (not wheels)?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');